Chapter 18

That is Ryder, Caleb's friend!! He's played by Cody Linley. Isn't he super cute?!

~~~Caleb's POV~~~

The struggle is real.

"What about this one?" Krystal asked taking out a blue button up. I shrugged and fell back on my bed.

"Oh come on. We gotta find you something." She groaned.

"He's going out with a guy. He doesn't have to take hours like you girls do. Just find something sexy but simple." Ryder said.

"You know nothing Ryder." Krystal pointed at him and glared. So you're probably wondering why Ryder knows about werewolves. Well Krystal let it slip out that I was one, Ryder started to freak out so I showed him. After that he just said okay and went back to being normal. He's weird like that.

"Hey midget-"

"WHAT THE FUCK DID I TELL TOU ABOUT CALLING ME A MIDGET?!"

I sat up and looked to see Avery and Ian passing by my room.

"Midget why'd you stop?"

I looked at Ryder and Krystal. Avery backtracked until he stood I front of the doorway.

"Midget? Hey you not going off on me. Why the fuck is up with you?" Ian asked sounding a little worried.

"Hey Avery. Hi Ian." I waved, "Avery?"

Avery stared at Ryder with a bored expression.

"You need something?" Ryder asked coming off annoyed. I think he was.

"Yea. A mate that's not rude." Avery stated before he walked off.

"Whoa! Wait what? Mate?!" Ian said following him.

"Mate? Oh don't tell me..." Ryder sighed looking at me, hopefully. I gave him a smile and shrugged.

"Nooooo..." He groaned and rolled over.

"I'm really mated to that guy?" Ryder asked.

"If he says so then yea." I nodded.

"I don't like him. He's rude."

"Wow. He said the same thing about you." Krystal rolled her eyes.

"Whatever." Ryder said.

"Ooooh!! This is perfect!" Krystal exclaimed. I looked over to the closet as she walked out of it and laid a light blue button up shirt down along with a pair of black skinny jeans.

"You'll look adorable! Lionel will love it!" She squealed.

"Now hurry. We don't have all day." She clapped her hands before she grabbed my arm and dragged me off the bed, shoving the clothes at me. I walked out the door and to the bathroom down the hall.

Locking the door behind me, I sat the clothes an a rack and stripped of my sweatpants and T-shirt.

Once I finished my shower, I pulled on a white wife beater tank top and the button up, doing the buttons all the way to where I only left the top one unbuttoned. I slid on my boxers and jeans and stepped back looking at myself in the mirror. Krystal was right. The outfit did look good. I just hoped Lionel liked it. I quickly brushed my teethe and messed my hair up a little. Krystal always said I looked better when it wasn't completely straight and combed.

I left the bathroom and went back into my room. Krystal gasped when she saw me, almost dropping her phone.

"You look so freaking hot! If you weren't gay I'd so have a crush on you." She grinned.

"What shoes am I wearing?" I asked her.

"The combat boots I bought you. They're over there." She pointed to a pair of black combat boots sitting near my dresser. I walked over and picked them up and went to the bed and sat down and slipped on the shoes. Krystal grabbed my arm and pulled me up and stood me in front if the mirror on the wall.

"Perfect!" She squealed. I have to admit I looked good. Just then there was a knock on my door. I turned to see Ryder come in.

"Hey Caleb. Boyfriend's waiting for you." He said sticking his thumb back the way he came. I nodded and looked at myself in the mirror one last time before I followed Ryder. As I came down the steps, Lionel came into view, talking with Brody and Mitchell. He was wearing a white shirt with black leather pants and a pair of black leather boots. Suddenly I felt extremely nervous. Mitchell noticed me and nodded in my direction. Lionel turned around and his eyes widened a little and his mouth opened slightly as his eyes raked my body. I reached the bottom of the staircase and stood in front of Lionel, trying to keep myself from blushing.

"Hey." I said sheepishly.

"Hey," he breathed, "You look great."

"Thanks." I smiled shyly.

Krystal jumped down the steps and came up behind me.

"You two have fun on your date! Remember to bring my baby back by midnight." She told Lionel in her stern mother voice. Lionel cracked a grin and took my hand in his.

"Don't worry. I will." He chuckled. Krystal wrapped her arms around my neck and squeezed tightly.

"Oh my goodness! My baby is growing up so fast!" She fake cried. I chuckled and hugged her back before she let go and turned back to Lionel.

"Ready to go?" He questioned. I grinned and nodded. He grinned too and led me out the house and to his silver Ford Focus ST. He opened the door for me making me blush as I got in.

"So where are we going?"
I asked as his slipped into the driver's seat.

"Out to eat. Then I have something special to show you." He smiled brightly at me as he turned on the car.

"You're not gonna tell me what it is are you?" I whined.

"Nope. He said popping the "p". I leaned back in my seat as Lionel pulled out of the driveway of the pack house.

Lionel and I were going on our first date. Should I be this nervous? I'm scared maybe he won't really like me and won't want me as a mate. I shook it off.

No don't think that way, I told myself. We're mates. We're meant for each other. We're meant to be together. It's what the Fates chose for us. And the Fates are never wrong.