60

Royally Screwed

#60

●●●

"Anong bang trabaho mo, hijo?"

"Doktor po, Nay."

"Hala, pwede ba kaming magpareseta sayo? Paubos na kasi iyong gamot ko para sa puso iyong Losartan..."

"Sige po. Walang problema po, Nay."

Rinig na rinig naman ni Stella ang pag-uusap ni Javion sa lola niya. Nasa kusina kasi ang tatlo at nagtulungan para magluto. Javi was chopping the spices together with her grandmother. Ang lolo naman niya ay ang naghihiwa ng isda.

"Mabuti na lang talaga at na-i-uwi mo rito si Stella, ilang taon na talaga naming pinagdadasal na makabalik na siya rito. Wala kasi kaming sapat na pera makaluwas sa Maynila. Iyong Mama nga niya, sinubukan mag-ipon pero nagagamit din dahil sa gastusin dito..."

"Ka-anu-ano mo ba ang apo namin? Ang bait mo kasi. Binilhan mo pa talaga kami ng mga groceries. Pati limang sakong bigas... Ikaw ba ang bagong nobyo niya? Kasi sa pagkakaalala ko, doktor din iyong dating nobyo ni Stella, iyong sinamahan niya sa Manila pero isang beses lang namin nakita at mukha namang masungit iyon, pinilit pa ang apo namin na magtanan sila."

Stella was just merely observing the two. Javion chuckled lightly. He seemed to enjoy her grandparents' company.

"Hindi niya po ako nobyo, Nay," Javion answered, smiling warmly, "Nanliligaw pa lang po ako."

Napailing at napangiti na lang si Stella dahil sa sagot nito. Javion finally noticed her and looked surprised when he saw her. Halos dalawang araw din siyang nagkulong sa kwarto and during that day, she had a lot of realizations.

And Kamiro Javion is still here.

Javion gave her a warm smile, "Palangga, halika dito," He signalled her to go to them. Stella smiled back as she obliged.

"Stella, sugta na ni siya, buotan kaayo," Her grandmother playfully winked at her. Pumunta kaagad ito sa niluluto nitong isda na nasa kaldero para ilagay ang mga chopped spices. Leaving her and Javi alone for the mean time. (Stella, sagutin mo na siya, ang sobrang bait)

"Nandito ka pa rin..." She started. He had all the reasons to leave her. She was obviously a wreck and had a lot of issues. He saw her breaking down so bad because of her mother's death. She knows she doesn't deserve him even for a little bit.

Javi shrugged and was still smiling, "Manliligaw ako, diba? Patience is a virtue, ga."

Stella giggled and bit her lip, "St. Javion, the patron saint of patience," She joked.

"I'd prefer being a sinner, naghanda na ako at nagconfession ng maraming beses kay Father Santos," He replied, winking. Stella playfully rolled her eyes at him and mouthed him a 'scam'.

Then she hugged him. Javion wrapped his arms around her also, kissing the top of her head.

"Thank you," She whispered, burying her face into his chest. She appreciates him. She really does.

"Anytime for you, pangga."

●●●

The Woman I Love by Jason Mraz
Read the lyrics, it's nice!
(Music video is already provided above)

Maybe I annoy you with my choices
Well, you annoy me sometimes too with your voice
But that ain't enough for me
To move out and move on
I'm just gonna love you like the woman I love

We don't have to hurry
You can take as long as you want
I'm holdin' steady
My heart's at home
With my hand behind you
I will catch you if you fall
I'm just gonna love you like the woman I love

Sometimes the world can make you feel
You're not welcome anymore
And you beat yourself up
You let yourself get mad
And in those times when you stop lovin'
That woman I adore
You could relax
Because, babe, I got your back
I got you