Chapter 4

*AHLUME

I went back inside the hospital, and Mom and my brother were no longer in the reception, so I asked the receptionist to point me to Dad's ward. Mom was sitting by his side while Mile was sitting on the other side.

**Me:** How is he?

**Mom:** He's okay, I guess. The doctor said he might wake up with memory loss.

**Me:** I'm sorry, Mom.

I said, massaging her shoulders, and she put her hand over mine.

**Mom:** It's okay, baby. He's going to pull through. Your father is a strong person.

I just nodded, standing behind her.

**Mom:** You guys should head home. Mile, you're writing tomorrow, right?

He nodded.

**Mile:** But we can't leave you here.

**Mom:** Honey, I will be fine. You guys should go home, though.

**Me:** You sure, Mom?

**Mom:** Yes, honey, I'm sure.

I kissed her on the cheek, saying my goodbyes, and then Mile walked up to her and kissed her on the other cheek. We walked out, and he got into the driver's seat, and I in the passenger.

**Him:** So where did you disappear off to?

**Me:** Had to make a call.

He didn't say anything.

**Me:** Can I ask you something?

**Him:** Yeah, shoot.

**Me:** You get pissed, right?

**Him:** Yeah, every normal human being gets pissed at times. It happens.

**Me:** This might sound weird, but while I was outside, this drop-dead gorgeous lady walked up to me and said shit about my nature coming out slowly and my anger getting worse.

**Him:** Uhhm, okay... that does sound weird.

**Me:** Yeah. She knows me, and she knows you. Mind you, I have never met her before.

**Him:** Okay, nothing about what you're saying makes any sense.

**Me:** Yeah, I know. This woman said some shit about me meeting her and knowing her because apparently fate chose her.

He stopped the car in the middle of the road. I looked at him.

**Me:** Dude, what the fuck?

He started the engine again.

**Him:** Ahlume, are you high?

**Me:** I should be asking you that. Why the fuck would you stop in the middle of the road? You do know that the Metro Police are everywhere.

We got home and parked the car. I walked in first and switched on the lights, and there was a wolf in the middle of the kitchen. I love dogs, not even scared of them, but I've never been face-to-face with a werewolf before. I walked towards it, and it didn't bark or flinch or do anything.

"Dude, what are we going to eat?"

I turned to look at Mile, and when I turned to look at the wolf, it had disappeared.

**Me:** Did you see that?

**Him:** See what?

**Me:** The white wolf! In the middle of the kitchen, standing over there.

**Him:** You really need to stop watching these things of yours. They're making you paranoid.

I just nodded. Ahlumile and I are twins; he is supposed to see every shit I see. Why was this weird shit happening to me alone?