Chapter 15

A FEW MONTHS LATER
It was now June and his birthday was this coming Friday.
What does one buy for a wolf? A leash maybe? *jokes* no but on a serious note. What do you get someone who pretty much has it all?
My father didn’t want to accept Ahlume as my boyfriend no matter what mom said about fate and stuff, he didn’t want to entertain it but with time he tolerated it in order to see his girl happy but he did give him a mouthful about not hurting me.
Now we did have our arguments here and there only because of his grandmother but either than that I guess we were good. Speaking of his grandmother apparently she up’d and left but I wasn’t ready as yet to visit his home.
Yes, mom had me protected but still, I rather be safe than sorry.
I was at Gateway mall with Kendra gift shopping. I was clueless as to what to get him, never had a boyfriend before so it was kind of hard to know what to get and Kendra wasn’t quite helpful either
“I don’t have a boyfriend. I’ve never had to buy a boyfriend a gift before” She said with a shrug complaining
“but you have a brother and a father” I contested
She shrugged her shoulders “the thing with that is that I can make him breakfast in bed and then get him a new tie and he’s sorted”
I sighed with defeat “Ahlume is not into formal wear.”
She rolled her eyes “then I don’t know. Get him a watch. Men can never have too many of those”
I rolled my eyes “trust me he has enough. he has a whole drawer”
She sighed “then get him happy socks.”
I sighed. I was really clueless as to what to get him. “follow me!”
“where are we going?” she asked following behind me
“let’s just go” I said pulling her hand.
We got into a pet store and she laughed her ass off “a pet store?” she asked with a raised eyebrow
I smiled innocently “yep! Let’s shop for the perfect gift”
She laughed and so did I. I was going to prank him, more like embrace his nature. I got him a ball, a leash and a collar and then had the collar written Ace. I bought a box and a gift wrap elsewhere
“you serious about this?” she asked amazed
I nodded “as a heart attack”
“please take a video of him!” she said pleading with her hands together as though she was about to pray “I really want to see how he reacts to this gift”
We both laughed and then we made our way to Fabiani and bought happy socks with a tie.
“I thought you said he doesn’t wear a tie?” she asked taking the paperbag
I shrugged “well he’s graduating next year so he might as well…”
“you go girl! are we done now?” she asked as we walked out
I nodded “yes, we done. Let’s go”
As we were walking I bumped into this lady, and dropped the paper bag I was carrying.
“I’m so sorry” She said helping me pick it up
“I’m the sorry one. I should have been looking where I was going” I said taking the contents
She looked at me straight in the eye “You’re in trouble” I raised an eyebrow “they trying to switch your life with hers, it’s only a matter of time before they done with the spell” With that she walked away from me really fast.
The hell was going on? Who was trying to switch who with me? what the hell did that woman mean? Who was she even talking about? Could she have been talking about Mona? Nah man Mona was not about that life
“Earth to Anelisa!” Kendra said snapping her fingers in front of my face “what happened?”
“I don’t know.” I said looking around “That lady just said some weird ass stuff”
She raised an eyebrow “what lady?”
I looked at her like she was crazy “the one I bumped into”
She shook her head “you didn’t bump into anyone. You tripped and dropped your paper bag”
I frowned looking around “no mahn I bumped into someone”
She shook her head “no babe. You are seeing things. One minute we walking and talking and then you dropped your things”
I looked back and there was no-one.
What was going on with me? was I hallucinating again?
“are you ok?” she asked looking at me with concern
I nodded “yeah. Let’s just get something to eat and leave”
She nodded. We walked to Cape Fish and ordered. Just as we were waiting for our orders Ace called.
“Sweet Lips” he said
I smiled “Hey Ace”
“I just got to your school and you’re not here?”
I took a deep breath “they let us go early today due to a meeting they were having”
He sighed “and you didn’t think to call maybe?”
“I’m sorry babe. I forgot, besides, you were in class and you said your classes were ending at 4” I said rolling my eyes, Ahlume could be a little dramatic when he wanted to
He huffed “I have a 4 hour break in between. Its Friday remember”
I hit my head “I’m sorry babe”
“where are you?”
“Gateway with Kendra” I said
“what are you doing in Gateway?” he asked sounding a little suspicious
“we window shopping babe.” I dismissed him
“ok fine. I’ll come see you later then?” he said sounding really disappointed
“yes, later babe. I love you”
“take care of yourself. I love you Marhadebe” he said
I smiled “I always do. Bye now” I said dropping the sall
Kendra was looking at me all smiles.
I rolled my eyes “don’t!”
She laughed. We ate over light conversations and then her mom picked us up and took us to her home, she wasn’t staying because she had a meeting to go to. We walked inside and greeted their house keeper and made our way to the lounge where her brother and sister were. The girl being Amahle Yvette named after her late great grandmother and late aunt and the boy was Justice. Justice was 8 and his sister was 7, they were just a few months apart. We walked up the stairs just chatting. I put the things on the bed and then went to her bathroom. I was standing by the mirror washing my hands when that woman I saw at the mall appeared in the mirror again.
“You have to run. You need to forget him and forget your life here before it’s too late!” the woman warned before disappearing. I was disturbed by Kendra walking in, I looked at the mirror and could only see my reflection. I washed my face and then walked out with Kendra.
I was at my fathers house when he came to fetch me and drove us to Blue Lagoon. He parked next to his brother’s car, the doors were open and there was another car next to the brother’s car, they were chilling in the parking lot with the boot and car doors open drinking I guess.
“Welcome to my pre birthday party. I asked your mom if you could sleep over and she said yes. Your father is only coming back tomorrow”
I looked at him with a raised eyebrow “who said I wanted to sleep over at your place?”
He shrugged “I would like to wake up with my girlfriend next to me on my birthday Anelisa”
I furrowed my eyebrows “and you couldn’t at least ask me first?”
He huffed “I knew you would say no so hence I asked your mom. Come let’s get out” he said turning to open the door. I locked the doors and he turned to me “ok… And then? What’s with the attitude?”
“the attitude is you not asking me and asking my mom instead Ahlume” I argued
“I thought that’s how things were done mos.” I shot him a dagger “I’m sorry then, next time I’ll ask you”
“there won’t be a next time Ahlume” I scolded
“Anelisa I will sex you in this car right now! don’t play me” he said with a straight face
I just looked at him and rolled my eyes.
I wanted to spend time with him yes but not like this. I was hoping he and I would chill together rather than this whole set up.
He unlocked the door “come let’s go” I sat there and folded my arms “what’s the real problem here Anelisa?”
“I wanted it to be just us. No company just you and me” i said pouting
He let out a sarcastic laugh “I feel like I spoil you too damn much sometimes. Couldn’t you just tell me that rather than pouting and looking all cute?”
I looked at him. he smiled “don’t smile at me” I said
He laughed “I’m convinced you going to be on your periods, the way you so dramatic!”
I clicked my tongue “screw you!”
“I would love that very much actually” he said with a smirk
I turned to open the door but he pulled my arm and put his other hand on the back of my neck and crushed his lips onto mine giving me a wet hungry kiss I couldn’t even pull out off. He broke it when someone knocked on his window
“are you ok now Sweet Lips?” he asked with a smirk. I couldn’t even respond. That kiss really did a number on me. He opened his door “What do you want Aphiwe?” he asked annoyed
Someone opened my door
“we want to meet the Mrs” said Aphiwe
“hello Miss?” A white guy said holding his hand out to me
“Don keep your hands away from my lady” Ahlume roared at the poor guy
“I just want to see if she’s worth the dry season and she is.” Don said with a smirk “I’m Don, Ahlume’s best friend from since primary” he said taking my hand into his
“Anelisa” I said shaking his hand
“you beautiful. I see why he hasn’t tapped it yet” he said pulling my hand towards his lips
I looked down embarrassed. Someone pulled him “I’m Aphiwe, the handsome friend you should be dating”
I chuckled “Anelisa”
We shook hands and he pulled my hand to his lips but Ahlume pulled him back “stay away from these idiots. They real flirts.” He said, he took my hand into his and then we walked over to Mile’s car. There were 3 girls with them and there were 5 guys including Ahlume. As we were walking over he was pointing out “the pretty Indian is Sariah, the black girl dancing is Athi and the one sitting next to Mile is Katlego, she’s Sotho” I nodded. We got there and leaned on the car “you already know my brother, Aphiwe, Don, the guy dancing with Athi is Anga. And loosen up ok, they cool people”
The Indian chick made her way to us “I’m the beautiful Sariah Govender! You must me Anelisa. Get up and give me a hug”
I looked at her stunned. He came close to my ear “give her the hug or you will live to regret it”. I got up and hugged her
“you so cute!” she said breaking the hug
“I know right?” Ahlume interjected
“shut up.” Sariah said “come let me go and introduce you around. Also I would suggest that you leave your shyness in your boyfriend’s car if you want to survive with these ones!”
I nodded with a smile
“come here first” I stood between his legs and he pulled me in for a kiss until I felt my hair hitting my shoulders.
Why was I even surprised?
“and don’t tie it up for the rest of the night ok!” he said playfully hitting my nose
I looked at him and shook my head and Sariah just laughed at us and pulled my hand leading me to the other girls. We walked over light conversations until we reached them and then she introduced me as Mrs Ahlume Adams
“oh. You pretty! I see why he’s with you” Athi said throwing me serious shade
“don’t pay no mind to this one. She’s just bitter cause” Anga defended
Sariah cut her off “cause she has a crush on Ahlume!” She gave Anga a look and she nodded “she doesn’t drink” she told the girls
“with Ahlume. She’s going to wish she drank” Athi said throwing me a tree this time around. I didn’t understand what her deal was with me
Someone hugged me from behind and kissed my cheek. “if they bother you… Especially Athi, tell me ok” I knew by the voice that it was Ahlumile. He turned me around and hugged me “good to see you Mrs”
I chuckled “you too. your friends scare me”
He chuckled “don’t mind them. They amazing people… Well the other two” he corrected
We had an amazing shower together, he went down on me in the shower and he made me play with his huge ahem. After having seen it that close and how big it was, I was not so sure about losing my virginity ever! His body thou was well toned, muscled here and there and he was very hot. We got out, applied lotion our bodies while playing like little kids. We wore matching outfits and then headed out. When we got to the kitchen his parents were both sitting there having breakfast with his brother. I stood by the last step
“they won’t do shiit. Come” He pulled me and we got in and greeted. His mother just looked at me and back at what she was doing while the father greeted with a smile
“how are you pretty lady?” his father asked
“seems like we don’t have any respect around here anymore” his mother exclaimed
I didn’t know whether to bother responding to his father or what
“mom not on my birthday please” Ahlume defended
She shot him a death stare “you bring a girl in my house and you expect me to just sit back?”
“Anathi don’t be this person.” His father scolded “Ahlume is 19, if it weren’t for you then he wouldn’t be bringing her under your roof. He would be with her in his own flat. Speaking of which. Happy birthday boys” He said sliding keys over to both of them.
“what’s this?” Mile asked with a huge smile
“what is that?” Anathi asked with furrowed eyebrows
The father smiled “keys to their apartments in Ballito”
“what?” they said in unison
“dad this is awesome. Thank you!” Ahlumile said going to his father
“thanks dad. This is so cool” Ahlume said fist bumping his father
“I’ll send you the address. I have to go” the father said getting up from the chair
“it’s a Saturday” his wife said looking disappointed
“I know and I’ll be back early honey. Don’t worry. It was nice meeting you lady” He said to me “even though my son didn’t introduce us” he said with a warm smile
Ahlume chuckled “her name is Anelisa dad. Babe this is my father and he likes to think he’s a charmer”
I chuckled. We shook hands and then he went to kiss his wife’s cheek and left
“we should be on our way too. See you guys later” Ahlume said pulling my hand
“bye beautiful. see you around” Ahlumile said as we walked out
I waved and then we left. His mother was not so happy. We got in his car
“mom will be fine. She’s not normally like that” he defended
I rolled my eyes “I’m sure”
“come on. Don’t sulk on my birthday” he said giving me puppy eyes
I shoved him to look at the mirror, he was reversing out of the yard “when I woke up earlier, you were gone”
“I needed to breathe” he said calmly
I raised an eyebrow “why?”
He stopped the car on the side of the road and got out. I knew it was serious, I got out too and he was standing by his boot. I stood between his legs
“I had a terrible dream” he said playing with my hands
I frowned “about?”
He sighed “Anelisa I love you. I love you so much and I would hate to hurt you. I don’t even want to imagine myself hurting you in any way.” he said. I touched his cheek and he looked at me. “you too good for me. you too precious for me to hurt.”
I offered a comforting smile “I know you Ahlume, you would never hurt me in any way”
He shook his head “you don’t know that”
I smiled making him look at me “but I do. Ahlume we haven’t been together for that long and all you’ve ever done is protect me and make sure that nothing ever happens to me. Why would you suddenly hurt me?” He shrugged “I love you too and maybe mom was right, I’m supposed to tame you” I declared
“what if you can’t tame me? What if I lose it and hurt you? I don’t want to do that” he said shaking his head in denial
I huffed “then what are you suggesting?” He shrugged “well I’m not ending things with you! I don’t care who or what does what. I will not break up with you and I won’t let you break up with me over prophecies and whatever people say.”
I smiled and so did her, I cupped his face and kissed him but I stopped him when I felt myself getting lost in the kiss “uhhm”
He chuckled “you such a baby its cute”
I pouted “I don’t want to lose my virginity before marriage Ahlume. What if I give it up to you and then you leave me? what if I fall pregnant?” I asked with so much panic my heart was beating out of my chest even
He looked at me squinting his perfect eyes and then took my hands into his and let out a sigh “Anelisa I love you, I know you young and you don’t believe its true yet or maybe you believe our love was orchestrated somewhere where we both don’t know but I love you and I am certain about what I feel for you. I would never hurt you intentionally nor would I pressure you into doing something you not ready for” he sighed closing his eyes and then opening them “I will wait for you until Jesus comes back if need be” I shot him a ‘really now’ look and he chuckled “ok maybe not that long” he said making me laugh
“thank you” I said with a warm smile and he returned the same
“I should be thanking you” he said kissing my hand “lets go and spend your money on your amazing man” he said starting the car, I just laughed at him
After an amazing day with Ahlume Adams, he dropped me off at my grandmother’s house. I called mom and dad to inform them of my whereabouts and then went inside the house.
“gramps” I shouted
“in here” she yelled from her room
I went to her room and knocked once before opening “hey granny” I greeted with a full teeth smile
She looked at me with lazy eyes “and then?” she asked
I chuckled “nothing granny. I missed you that’s all”
She gave me that ‘yeah right’ look “if you say so” she said turning her attention back to a book she was reading
“what are you reading?” I asked, it looked pretty weird for a book or anything any normal person would read
She closed it “I was reading a book I got from a friend but now that you are here we can catch up” she said
I looked at the book and it looked like one of those old encyclopaedia’s but it wasn’t one. It looked old and worn out for a book she got from a friend but then again she was old and chances are so was her friend. I walked out with her behind me. I got to the kitchen and poured water in the electric kettle for us just then my phone rang and it was Kendra
“hey babe” she said excitedly
“hello my friend how are you?” I asked
“I want details. Don’t leave anything out!” she demanded “everything Anelisa!”
I laughed “theres not much to tell really Imi” I said
“really now” she said in a black American accent making me laugh so hard
“you are so dramatic” I said with my very own American accent
She laughed “come on don’t make me dig please” she pleaded
I sighed “ok” She got all excited on the other side of the phone squirming in excitement like a little child “calm down” I warned “I met his friends last night and today we went out for breakfast and lunch and I just got to my grandmother’s house now. His mom doesn’t quite like me” I said
“you met his mother?!” she exclaimed in shock
I nodded “yeah and it was not so pleasant. His father was pretty chilled actually” I said
“you met his parents!” she said sounding happy and shook
“I wouldn’t quite use the word meet. The woman didn’t like me and the father didn’t stay long enough to actually meet me” I said trying to dismiss her which was clearly an epic fail because my friend over here didn’t stop asking until I lied and told her I was busy and had to go attend my grandmother.
I went to bed that night and I had this dream or something along those lines where I was captured by Ahlume’s grandmother and it was like I was brainwashed because I had all these memories of things and people I had never met. It was so strange I woke up sweating
“what the hell did I just dream?” I asked myself
I heard some screeching on the wall almost like someone was writing on it with something and then a text appeared “Be careful Anelisa. Not all dreams are just dreams” I read out loud and like that it disappeared