Chapter 7

I woke up with a pounding heavy head and heavy eyelids, I tried to open my eyes wide and I was blinded by the moon’s light which was shinning over us. I looked around and I was in what seemed like a forest, but I was not alone. It was like my dream was playing all over again except this time it was real, it felt real. I looked around and my doppelganger whom I’m assuming was Monalisa was also tied to small logs in a circle with a star shape on the inside. Fear creeped in really hard, this was really happening. I felt my necklace burning me but not enough to bruise me. my body was beyond painful like I had been hit all over. I tried to pull my arm and nothing happened instead it was like I was cutting my wrists with the rope refraining me from doing anything.

“I didn’t want to have to do this but it has to be done.” She turned around with a knife in her hands “Today is a full moon and Anelisa turns 16 while Mona has already turned 16 last weekend”

“Please don’t do this” Monalisa said

“argh where are my manners. Anelisa meet your doppelganger Monalisa. I am Kaylin” she said with a smile

“please just let us go. My father can pay you whatever money you want” I pleaded terrified

She gave a sarcastic laugh “I have to undo the mess I created before he kills you.” she said rolling her eyes

“before who kills you?” Mona asked trying to free her arms

She sighed “the hybrid. You see Mona it was your blood that created him and it’s your blood only that can kill him”

“What do you mean it was her blood? What hybrid?” I asked

“When I was pregnant with Monalisa I tried to kill her but nothing happened. No abortion pill was able to get rid of her. and so when you were born you went missing, the hybrids were 3 then and your blood was used to help them transform into creatures that would not be welcome to the land of the dead. When I found you I had already joined a cult but little did I know that they wanted to use you and your doppelganger as a sacrifice to the master from below.” She took a deep breath “you see when you devote your life to the devil nothing you do can ever free you from him and giving you him as a sacrifice meant I’d get my sister back. It was the only way to get her back”

I was beyond shocked by what she had just shared, so like me, Monalisa’s mother also tried to abort her but failed. Did this mean the ancestors were keeping both of us for something greater, that being this ritual huh?

Everything that was happening was too much to handle. I wanted to go home and be in my mothers arms. I wanted to be in Ahlume’s arms with him telling me that everything was fine and that I was safe now. I kept praying for a miracle rescue from whoever.

“you my real mother?” Mona asked with tears rolling down her cheek

WAIT! So she didn’t know? How did she not know the woman was her mother?

“yes but that’s not whats important” Kaylin said “You see if we kill you then your soul will move to her body and you will no longer be a threat to him. you will reside in her body until we find a way to make your spirit be the permanent holder of the body”