Chapter 4

Colby laid home by himself, dreading the loneliness of the long weekend. He kept wondering what it'd be like to actually move in with his friends, he wasn't sure why but it just scared him.

Suddenly his phone began ringing, he groaned loudly when he realized he'd left it on his desk. Getting up and walking towards it, he wasn't but halfway there when his stomach felt as if a fist flew into it. Falling to the ground, his head began swirling and feeling dizzy.

His eyes began slowly drifting shut, the ringing of his phone echoing in his ears till it went silent. Then everything faded to black.

•••

Corey grew worried when Colby didn't answer his phone, last time this happened Colby had fainted and no one knew of it. He called Sam, relieved when he answered. "Sam! Thank god, you live closer to Colby than any of us do you know where his house is?" Corey said quickly.

On the other end of the phone was a confused Sam, "Uh, maybe. Why?"

"It's urgent, I'm sending you his address go there. Just walk in and call his name, please go. Hurry he could be hurt." Sam ended the call and clicked on the address sent to him, he realized Colby's house was only about a block away.

He ran to his car, speeding down the road and parking on the side before running into the house. "Colby!?" When there was no answer, he felt the need to run up the stairs. He didn't know which room to go in, looking in a few before finding the room that must've belonged to Colby. His suspicion was right when he saw the brunette passed out in the floor. "Oh, shit."

Running to Colby he kneeled and shook him a few times, when he didn't wake he immediately dialed 911 and got an ambulance. When they came, Sam lied and said he was his boyfriend so he could go with him. Holding Colby's boney hand the whole time, Sam's eyes stung with a few tears.

As they reached the hospital, he waited in the waiting room and called Corey, who then called all the other friends and soon everyone was in the waiting room.

"Goddamn it, why the hell haven't we made him eat!?" Elton mumbled, mentally scolding his actions or lack of.

"He'll be okay, Elton." Katrina said, wiping her own tears away.

"He's not staying alone anymore." Jake said, everyone's gaze turned to him as they silently agreed. "Elton, the mansion. You said your parents would help, Corey's would, too and I could get mine to. Colby needs us."

"We're doing it." Elton said, everyone agreed that they'd like to move it accept for Sam. He felt out of place, he wasn't sure if they were asking him as well. "Sam.. would you like to?"

"I-I don't want to intrude... I know I'm.. new to the group, s-so if you're saying it to be nice it's okay, really." Sam said nicely.

"Sam, you went to Colby's house and saved him. Somewhere you've never been, someone you've just began to know. Helping him and even staying here makes you a strong part of this group, we're all family. You're a part of it." Elton spoke, Sam smiled and could almost cry at the acceptance.

"Well.. then I'd love to." Sam said, smiling and getting smiles back.

"For Cole Brock?" A doctor spoke, catching the groups attention. Everyone stood up, and walked towards the doctor. "Okay, so he's stable. We've put him on an IV drip, he's slightly dehydrated. As you most likely know, he's severely underweight. We know this is due to the anorexia, but his lack of eating fatigue and shut his body down. We've tube fed him, hopefully he'll get enough nutrients to where he can wake up to recover. When that happens, he'll most likely need to go to a rehabilitation center-"

"No. He can't go there, it'll.. we'll help him. We have a plan a-and were going to help.." Corey said, his voice shaking as he did.

"May I ask what you have in mind?" The doctor asked, looking to everyone.

"We're all getting a house together, we'll be watching over him a-and.. we're going to get him to eat." Elton said, the doctor nodded and even seemed to agree with Elton's words.

"Doctor?" A nurse said, walking to the doctor in front of them all and catching his attention. "The patient in 115 is awake."

"Thank you." He said with a smile, and with that the nurse walked away. "That's Cole, I'm going to check his vitals and such then you'll be free to see him. The paramedics mentioned a boyfriend?"

Everyone looked at the doctor confused, "Uh, sir. I said that, i-it wasn't entirely true I-I just didn't want him to be alone.." Sam said, everyone's gaze turning towards him.

"Hm. Okay." The doctor said, smiling and walking away towards Colby's room.

"Boyfriend, huh?" Jake joked, nudging Sam. "You're already our best friend for staying by his side."

"Oh my God, Solby." Devyn cheered, making everyone look at her with confusion. "Sam and Colby, Solby. It's their ship name."

"I ship it, holy crap." Katrina said, laughing along side Devyn.

They all waited a few minutes before the doctor walked back out and allowed them to see Colby. When they walked into the room, he was looking out the window with a frown on his face. "Hey, Colbs..." Corey spoke, the hospitalized brunette looked at his friends who stood there awkwardly.

"Hi.." He sounded disappointed almost, tears formed as he bit his lip to keep them from falling. When that failed, Katrina rushed to his side and wrapped him in a hug. "I hate myself." He cried, this made Kat cry at hearing her friend speak these words.

He hugged her back, sitting up and crying into her shoulder. She wiped her cheeks, trying to stay strong for her friend. "Don't say that, Colby. You are amazing, and beautiful." She closed her eyes as the hug continued, remembering Colby before Brennen.

They didn't talk then, but she'd seen him in the hallways. His cheeks were full and always had the littlest bit of pink in them, his skin always a bit tanned and full instead of sunk in an boney. He seemed to always have a bright toothy smile, dimpled and pure. His hair now dead from the lack of food not providing nutrients, before it was full and flowed perfectly across his forehead. He'd wear skinny jeans and t-shirts, now he wears sweaters and joggers. He was always so beautiful, anyone could see that.

More arms wrapped around both Colby and Katrina, the loving hug warmed everyone as tears fell. "I w-want to be me again, I-I l-look so disgusting." Colby sobbed, his friends broke hearing his words but let him rant. "I-I can't do a-anything.. I'm so w-weak. M-My skin is a-always cold, I f-feel dead." He cried more, someone rubbed his back as he continued to cry.

"We are going to help you Colby, I promise you it'll be okay." Jake said, wiping his own tears then finding Colby's face in the small swarm of friends. He wiped Colby's cheeks then lifted his head to look at him, "It'll be okay."