Chapter 10

Sam kept to his promise and began easing away from the endless hours of work, Colby gained back the weight he lost and even more beyond that. After being together for a year, they've gotten through any hardships and remained quite strong.

Colby began influencing others as he talked about his disease and how he overcame it, with a high of 927k subscribers he's full of excitement as he slowly but surely breaches one million.

As of now, Sam was taking Colby on a date but Colby had no idea where they were going. "Can you tell me now?" Colby begged, receiving a chuckle from Sam.

"No. But this blindfold on we're almost there." Sam said, handing him a handkerchief. Colby was about to protest, but he knew it'd end with him wearing the stupid thing anyway. He tied it over his eyes and sighed, after a few moments the car came to a stop and turned off.

Sam got out, walking to the back of the car and opening the trunk. "Stay here, I'll be right back." Sam grabbed a picnic basket, an assortment of food inside it. He sat it down on the sheet he laid downwind smiled, he brought Colby to a view point that was high to where it showed the whole entire city. They made it just at sunset, which was a major bonus.

Walking back to the car, he got Colby out and carefully led him to the cute setup. Stopping him in front of it, he became excited. "Ready?" Colby nodded, a smile danced at his lips. Sam untied the blindfold and took it off, Colby's jaw dropped as tears brimmed in his eyes.

"Oh my, God. Sam, this is fucking cute. It's amazing, oh my God the sunset. The-" He was overwhelmed with excitement, he stopped himself from talking anymore and wrapped his arms around Sam.

"So you do like it, right?" Sam said, half joking.

"No, I love it." Colby said, pulling from the hug and placing a sweet and tender kiss upon Sam's lips. They both sat down, eating chocolate covered strawberries and sipping sparkling wine.

Night finally fell over the buzzing city, the lights of it left a glow as the stars twinkled above. The couple now laid down, Colby with his head on Sam's shoulder as the blonde wrapped an arm around the youngers waist.

"I'm going to marry you someday." Sam said, smiling up at the night sky.

"Good." Colby replied, snuggling even closer to his boyfriend.

It seemed impossible at first to Colby, the thought of being in love ever again after the destruction Brennen Taylor caused. Sam came along and easily proved him wrong, and he was so glad he did. Part of him realizes he'd been dead or in an institution if things would have went differently.

He thought about Sam's words for a few days, a smile always tugged to his lips at the thought of being Cole Golbach. He knew Sam would keep his word, something just told him that they'd always be together no matter what.

And you bet your bottom dollar that that's exactly what happened.

«THE END»