Chapter 5

Two weeks have passed since Colby's hospital visit, they'd moved into the house together and made the conjoined idea of 'the Trap House.' Colby gained only 3 pounds in those two weeks, but he was a little proud of himself for it. He now weighed 106 pounds, though the roommates wished it was more they were glad it was rising.

Once he woke up, he opened his bedroom door to see Sam's door, which was directly across from his, opened and Sam gone. He realized everyone was probably already awake, and as he walked downstairs he knew he was right.

He was thankful it was the weekend, the thought of school made him want to scream. As he walked downstairs, he grabbed a pop tart and walked into the game room where everyone sat. "Morning, Colby." Sam said happily, his crush on Colby only obvious to himself and Devyn.

"Morning." Colby said back, forcing a smile on his lips. He sat down and opened the pop tart, after eating the first one he felt sick at the thought of eating the other. He pushed himself and ate it anyway, regretting it a few moments later.

Getting up and running to the bathroom, making his friends confused and very worried, he didn't have time to close the door as he emptied his stomach. Tears fell down his cheeks, once he was done he flushed the toilet and stood up to look in one of the many mirrors.

He didn't even recognize himself, he almost forgets what he used to look like. It pained him, he knew to the world he looked different and everyone would judge him for it. Katrina appeared behind him, a look of care on her face. "You okay?"

"I-I thought I could do it.. should've stopped after the first one." Wiping his nose he ran water in his mouth before turning the light off and walking back to his friends. After throwing away the pop tart wrapper he took his place on the couch again and felt uncomfortable as everyone glanced at him.

"It'll be okay, Colby. You can try again at lunch.." Corey said, trying to lift the boys spirits. "Maybe we can get some Taco Bell?"

Colby nodded, "Sure.." He mumbled, looking down at his lap. "I wish I was normal." He whispered, he believed no one heard him, but Sam looked at him with worry as he heard the boys whispers.

"Can I talk to you?" Sam asked, Colby just nodded and led him upstairs to his room. They sat on the couch facing each other, "I heard what you said.. I uhm, just wanted to let you know that.. you shouldn't think that. No ones normal.. and that's the absolute beauty of life, being opposite from everyone else. I know your situation is different, but no matter how much you weigh or what you look like it's so much better than being like someone else. Your unique Colby Brock, and thats the most amazing thing you could ever be." Colby was in tears as Sam finished, a smile plastered on his face and his cheeks heated to a blush.

"Sam.. Wh-Why do I feel like you've been apart of my life for years now? I-It's like.. I've known you my whole life.." Colby said, looking down feeling confused at his own words.

"I've had the same question." Sam said, he was now blushing as well. "How bout we get the roommates and go to Taco Bell?" Colby nodded, the two walked downstairs and told everyone the plan, Jake cheered as he, Elton, Colby, and Sam piles in Elton's car to go to town. The girls decided to stay, not able to fit without taking two cars anyway so it worked out.

When they got there, they went through the drive through and took their orders before heading home once again and eating in the kitchen around the island. They all shared stories and such, having a good time and have the feel of family.

"Remember when we smoked weed for the first time, and Colby coughed for like five minutes then laughed for like ten more?" Corey said, everyone but Sam nodded and laughed at the memory.

"Hey, guys..?" Colby asked hesitantly, "Can we get some?"

"Ohh, that'd be fun. Just chill out and smoke, we should make the garage our smoke place." Elton said, everyone laughed and agreed till he walked away to call someone for the marijuana.

"Do you smoke Sam?" Corey asked, looking to the blonde.

"I've never smoked, I'm willing to though." He said, feeling a little embarrassed that he's never done it. They all said he'd be okay, everyone became more excited now that they had a first time smoker.

Colby couldn't wait, he needed the intoxication to set his mind at ease.

•••

After smoking two joints, everyone was pretty well gone. They were having fits of laughter and doing stupid little dares, the time they were having was definitely a good one.

Colby stood up to adjust his joggers, slamming his shin against the coffee table as he did so. He hit it hard of course, but any other person would have lightly bruised. When you have a low iron and don't eat to give you the different things your body needs, your body becomes much more fragile.

He cried out as he did, sitting back down and clutching his leg in pain. "Shit." He groaned, pulling up his joggers and revealing a purple bruise.

"I'll get you ice." Sam said quickly, leaving the garage and doing as he said he would.

Colby held his hurt leg, his high made him start laughing which made everyone else laugh, too. When Sam walked in, he was confused at first but eventually began laughing along with them. Colby took the ice and put it on his leg, "Th-Thank you." He said between laughs.

Night soon fell, everyone was tired but too high to walk up the stairs and sleep. Colby passed out on the couch, his hood up and his body curled into a little ball. "Who's carrying him? Not it." Elton said, getting from the couch and darting from the room.

Corey laughed and grabbed Devyn's hand before following behind and sending a wink to Sam. Sam blushed once Katrina left and stood to walk to a Colby, he took the melted bag of ice and sat it on the table before bending over and picking him up.

He was expecting weight, but when he picked up Colby is was far more simple than planned. He took his up to his room, putting him in his bed and beginning to move away. Colby's arms wrapped around Sam's neck, pulling him into the bed and snuggling into his chest. "Stay." He whispers.

Sam just obliged and pulled the blankets over him and Colby before wrapping his arms around the small boy. Colby wrapped his four limbs around Sam and held him tightly.

Sam felt warmth and content as he laid there, he couldn't help but smile as his chin rested on the sleeping boys head.

He almost felt.. in love.