Chapter 7

Colby walked down the hallways as class was in session, walking to his class from the bathroom. He was stopped when Brennen stepped in front of him, a sadistic look filled his face. "So, I noticed you moved out. Where'd you go?"

"N-None if your business. I-It was like two weeks ago, y-you just now noticed?" Colby snapped, a rush of confidence blew through him.

All good things come to an end, the confidence disappeared as soon as Brennen pinned him back against the lockers. "I've also taken notice to that cheeky fucking blonde you blush over, he only wants you for sex just like everyone else. I'd not be surprised if your friends wanted it from you, too. You're a whore, you'd do it." Brennen spat.

Tears fell down Colby's face as Brennen's grip on his wrists fell, once Brennen walked away Colby slid down the lockers and couldn't help but cry. His wrists were bruising from the grip of Brennen's fingers, making them burn.

As the day went on Colby kept his head down, he sat at his lunch table silently as his friends sat down and greeted him. "Got you an apple." Sam says happily, a smile on his face.

"M'not hungry." Colby mumbled back.

"Colby, eat the apple." Elton said, a stern sound heavy in his voice.

"I said I'm not hungry." He snapped, Elton sighed and looked around at the table for
more encouragement. They needed to make sure he ate, he was finally to the point where he could he even just a little without throwing up.

"Colby, don't quit now. You've gotten better, please just eat the apple." Corey said, trying to sound calm and understanding.

Angrily Colby glared at his friends, "I said I'm not fucking hungry, now leave me alone!" He yelled, getting the attention of people around them. Brennen smirked when he heard this, he felt he'd accomplished something by making Colby hurt.

His friends just stared in shock, Colby grabbed his bag and ran from the cafeteria. He ran to his car and drove home, running up the stairs once he got there and crashing into his bed. Sobs escaped his lips, he believed Brennen was right. Everything Sam has done for him wasn't in spite of feelings at all.

After crying for an hour or so, he heard light footsteps coming up the stairs and stopping by his door. "C-Colby? It's Sam, can I come in?" When Colby didn't answer, Sam walked in to see the brunette curled in a ball towards his wall.

He sat down on the bed, sighing sad fully. "Can you tell me what's wrong? Why don't you want to eat anymore, you were wanting to recently?"

"Brennen." Was the only thing he said, sniffling and wiping his nose before turning and facing Sam as he still laid down. "Tells me things, a-and I believe him.." He said, more tears falling.

Sam stood up and looked down at Colby, "Scooch." Colby obeyed, he moved over as Sam slipped his shoes off and laid on the bed next to Colby. Wrapping his arms around the small, sad boy he ran his fingers through his hair repeatedly. "What does Brennen tell you?"

Colby cried more into Sam's chest, hugging Sam back and cuddling into him. "N-No one loves me.." He sobbed, his throat began burning from doing so.

"That's not true, Colbs. Elton loves you, Corey and Devyn do. Jake, Katrina, they love you. I-I love you." Sam spoke softly, wondering if Colby understood his love for him was different from everyone else's.

"You guys love me because you have to.. because, I-I'm just there." Colby replied, the waterfall of tears not stopping.

"That's where you're so extremely wrong, we love you because you're our very best friend. A-And.. I-I love you.. because.. y-you're so genuine, and caring. Wh-When you smile, it's so intoxicating that I can't help but smile. Your laugh is so contagious, I swear every time I hear it a smile forms on my face..." Sam realized he'd gotten carried away, that Colby's sobs have silenced due to him listening.

"Wh-What are you.. saying..?" Colby asked, too scared to move back and look Sam in the eyes.

"I-I'm saying.. that, I-I'm in love with you.. Colby. And I can't hold it back anymore, I can't just not tell you anymore.." Sam spoke, Colby's body stiffened.

What if he's lying? He wants to use me. I'll fall for it till he gets his sex and leaves, he doesn't love me. Brennen didn't love me, no one could. My parents don't or they'd have stayed, they'd care. Sam's on Brennen's side, he'll use me and leave-

"I-I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have said anything." Sam said, you could hear the absolute sadness in his voice.

Colby refused to answer, he just closed his eyes and drifted asleep.

•••

Colby woke up to an empty bed and voices downstairs, he snuck down and listened to Sam's sad filled voice. "I told him I loved him.. th-that I'm in love with him and he didn't answer."

"Oh, Sam.." Katrina spoke, movement was heard as if she wrapped him in a hug.

Continuing down the stairs, Colby walked into the game room where everyone was and tried ignoring the glares. "I-I'm sorry for yelling at lunch.. B-Brennen stopped me in the hall."

"What'd he say?" Elton asked, there seemed to be no emotion in his voice.

"I-I don't want to-" Colby stopped, trying to make sure his tears don't fall but he failed. "I-I can't say."

"Colby. Tell us." Elton said, his voice impatient and angry.

"Brennen told him that no one loved him. That we don't love him." Sam said, his voice even and calm. Colby glared at him, Sam just looked away and didn't make eye contact.

"I'm a whore.. th-that's what he said.." Colby cried, wiping his cheeks and not moving from where he stood.

Devyn stood up and walked to Colby, she rested her hands on his small biceps and looked at him. "He's a liar Colby, that is not true. Having sex with one person doesn't make you a whore, not at all. You were in a relationship, it was bound to happen. We love you more than anything, you're our family and nothing will ever make us think differently." Colby nodded very lightly, Devyn wrapped him in a hug and let him cry softly into her shoulder.

Everyone stood up and joined in on the hug, a few tears that weren't Colby's fell. When Colby saw Sam, he pushed from everyone else and wrapped his arms around Sam's waist and buried his face in the blondes chest.

Sam still didn't understand how Colby felt towards him, he'd ignored his love confession and not mentioned it once. Sam just took the hug, holding Colby closely to him and not being able to hold back his smile. Colby's cries stopped but he wouldn't let go of Sam, he didn't want to.

Colby felt weak and tired, his little bit of energy already gone though he'd napped for an hour or two. Even though he was standing Sam's arms held him up, making it easier for his eyes to drift closed.

"Tired." He spoke quietly, unsure if anyone even heard him. Sam did hear the quiet word, he let go of Colby and picked him up as he walked to the couch. He sat down with Colby still latched to his side and his head leaned on his shoulder while he drifted asleep.

As they all sat in silence and watched a movie, Sam's mind was once buzzing with the question of how Colby felt towards him. "Why would he do this, hug me and cuddle to me but not tell me how he feels?"

"It's not an excuse, but he's scared. I think he's pushing away his feelings because he doesn't have trust." Katrina said, looking at the blonde.

"Sam.. how do you honestly feel about him? He's our best friend, a-and I'm not saying you'd hurt him but.. I need to know your intentions." Corey said, the other friends nodding in agreement.

"Honestly? My intentions are to show him love, to show him real love. I'm going to show him he doesn't have to be scared of love ever again."