Chapter 24: Azog

Luka POV

My anger, as It seamed to do constantly, boiled, like water above a flame. We were sprinting through the forest, away from the perusing pack of rabid, blood driven beasts, lead by Azog himself. I only just contained my wolf as she howled and snarled, wanting nothing more than to rip out Azog's throat. As I ran, I held the cloak tight around me, as it was the only thing covering my naked flesh. The icy cold air bit into my skin, and the pain from my wounds grew bigger with every passing moment, but I pushed the pain to the back of my mind.

Adrenalin pumped through my system, relieving me of the bite of the harsh wind on my legs and the hot, fiery stabs of pain that pulsed with my heart beat. I leapt over a huge boulder, pushing off the top and leaving a bloody foot print. The frantic footsteps of the others along with their heart beats thundered in my ears, like sinister music that promised only death.

The sun slowly set as we ran, effecting my eye sight as I pushed off a tall tree I had just collided with. I heard a terrified yelp and spun round, snarling as I saw the wargs were beginning to catch up. One leapt over bilbo and cornered him. Bilbos heart beat accelerated madly, frantic like a tiny birds heart. I changed my course and barrelled towards the warg as it once again ran at bilbo. Bilbo yanked out his sword and held it out in front of him, turning his face to once side and closing his eyes. I almost laughed when the idiotic warg impaled itself of the wicked blade. When I reached bilbo, I pulled him up by his collar and then yanked out his sword imbedded deeply in the wargs skull.

I then pushed bilbo forward, urging him to run for his life as I looked back at the pack of monsters. I was momentarily reminded of the night Beorn and I escaped from that place. We had ran through the night, wargs snapping at our heels. Eventually, we had out ran them. Sadly I doubted that that would happen this time.

I ran faster to catch up. They were getting closer with every passing moment. I snarled and sprinted after the others. Would we make it? My eyes widened with dismay as I saw the foreboding edge of a cliff up ahead.

"No" I whispered.

The others stood a moment, frantically searching for an escape rout. I looked back at the pack, whimpering when I saw how close they were. We had moments before they caught us.

"Up into the trees, all of you! Come on, climb! Bilbo, climb!" Gandalf roared, climbing the nearest tree. Bilbo stood at the bottom watching with wide eyes as the dwarves scaled the trees in moments. We were the last ones now.

"Bu- ahhh" Bilbo screamed as I threw him up onto the tree to my left.

"Climb Bilbo, now!!" I snarled, turning to face the first warg that reached me. I wrestled with it a moment before grabbing its jaws and ripping them from its deformed head.

"Luka climb! Now" Thorin bellowed, his voice slightly panicked. I glanced up before being tackled by the next warg that reached me. I dispatched it quickly, much like the way I'd killed the previous warg. I turned to climb, leaping up to the first branch.

"Luka behind yo-"

I yelped as dagger like teeth sank into my leg, dragging me back down to the ground.

"Luka !" I heard a few of the dwarves scream. I snarled at the beast holding my leg, before I realised who had torn me from safety.

"Azog..." I breathed, disbelief written on my face. But...how.

"Azog?!" I faintly heard Thorin cry.

"No!"

The White warg, still with its teeth in my leg, growled and shook its head, tearing the wound open more. I screamed, my blood making a small dark lake. Azog murmured something and the beast let go of my leg. I cried out again as a chunk of my flesh was taken by the mutt. Azog laughed looking down at me as I tried to claw at the ground in an effort to crawl away.