Chapter 5: Ice Boy and Armoured Lady

Previously...

"W-what about the money?" She asked.

Happy shook his head smugly. "Lucy, you're too greedy."

"We need the cash!" Lucy yelled back.

"Thanks anyway!" Ramza stifled a laugh.

"Bye!" Natsu waved.

"I need it to pay rent!" Lucy demanded.

"Yeah, let's just go home." Ramza said.

"That means you too, Mr. Melon." Natsu looked back. "Go back home."

Currently...

The sun had sunk down, making it night time. The team was walking down the road, returning to the Fairy Tail Guild. Lucy was slumped over from exhaustion, but Ramza and Natsu seemed fine. 

"I can't believe you guys..." Lucy groaned, "Who would turn down that amount of money?"

"Us, of course!" Ramza laughed.

"If we got the money, it would look bad on Fairy Tail's reputation." Said Natsu. 

"But he was happy!" Protested Lucy. "We did the job! We're not supposed to walk home..."

"They didn't have much anyway." Ramza chirped in. "Taking money from them who only rented out the house and the clothes would be cruel."

Lucy's stomach growled. "I'm getting hungry..."

"Yeah, me too..." Said Happy.

"Then let's go there." Natsu pointed in a clearing of trees, next to a river. "We'll also sleep the night there."

The team then made camp at the specified spot. While Lucy and Natsu made the campfire, Ramza took a short trip to the river to do some fishing. He quickly returned with a decent amount of fish, his wakizashi slick with fish blood. They impaled the fish upon some sticks and set them over the fire to cook them. Once they were good enough to eat, Natsu and Happy immediately grabbed to each and began digging in.

"By the way," Asked Lucy, "How'd you know that it wasn't their house?"

"Oh." Natsu looked up from his meal. "They smelled different from the house, that's all."

Ramza bit down on a fish. "I could tell too. Their awkward movements and unfamiliarity with the place was a red flag." 

Lucy raised an eyebrow. "Maybe for you guys," Her expression suddenly turned dreamy, "But I still hadn't taken my mind off that book."

"You like books?" Asked Natsu. "Must explain why you're writing a novel."

"Cool, Lucy." Ramza smiled.

Lucy scrambled back towards the river bank, covering her blushing face. "Promise you won't tell anybody?"

Happy raised his hand. "Why not?"

Lucy then shook her head, still covering her face. "'Cause I'm a terrible writer! If anyone read what I was writing, I would die of embarrassment!" 

"Don't worry," Natsu tried to console her. "Nobody's going to read it..."

Lucy looked aside. "That doesn't make me feel any better..."

Ramza had finished his fish and tossed the stick aside. "You seem like a good writer, Lucy. Perhaps your stories are better than you think." He smiled. "I should know, I've read a lot of books."

A chuckle twitched at the edge of Lucy's mouth. "Thanks Ramza..."

And on that note, they curled up in their sleeping bags and snored away the night.