Chapter 11: S-Class Quest Aftermath

Previously...

It was a good night. The village was now freed from their curse. Deliora's defeated. Enemies became friends. And yet, Ramza felt uneasy, as if something were over him and his friends.

"Majestic Mocha Choco Master Sprinkle." Ramza smiled at his drink, and took a sip. He could worry about that another time.

Currently...

Ramza awoke to sunlight pouring on his face. He sat up and rubbed his eyes awake, and looked around him. Seems that he was inside one of the tents and someone had placed a cot and blanket for him to sleep with.  He glanced to his side and found his bag. One peek inside and he was relieved to see all his things were intact.

He sighed, thankful that nothing bad had happened to him. He scratched his head, trying to recall what had happened last night.

'Oh, right!' Ramza remembered. 

He had eaten too much food at the feast, making him feel drowsy. Lucy had noticed and offered him a glass of cold coffee to wake him up, but it was useless. As far as Ramza knew, coffee did nothing to sate his sleepiness. Giving him caffeine to stay up at night was as effective as trying to empty the ocean with a tiny cup. 

He took the coffee anyway, but it somehow made him even more sleepy. The energy that the drink had given him had condensed in a sort of ball and made him feel wobbly and unfocused. At this, Ramza's head fell on the table. He tried blinking his eyes to stay awake, but they were already closing on their own.  

He hazily remembered Lucy sighing and carrying him to the tent, where she placed him down on the cot and put a blanket over him. 

"Kinda like what I did for her back then, huh?" Ramza wondered aloud.

He smiled to himself, finding her gesture sweet. She must be a really good friend...

"Oh, you're awake!" The tent flap opened to reveal Lucy.

"Speak of the devil." Ramza smiled, then rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry to trouble you for last night."

Lucy waved her hands in front of her. "Oh, it's no big deal."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." She sent him a small smile. "You ready to go?"

Ramza frowned. "We're leaving the island already?"

"Yeah." Lucy said. "Everybody's packed up and stuff. Erza's just talking to the village chief about something."

"Well, that's a shame." Ramza stood up and grabbed his bag. "I really liked their food."

Lucy snorted. "Yeah, the same ones that you ate too much of."

"Hey!" Ramza protested, "It was a feast!"

"Alright, whatever." Lucy said.

They then exited the tent, finding Gray and Natsu outside. They had their things packed up next to their feet. They perked up when they heard the two push through the tent.

"Oh, hey." Gray greeted.

"You're up!" Natsu grinned.

"Yeah." Ramza said back. "So, we're leaving?"

"Yup. We're just waiting for Erza to finish up talking to the chief over there." He pointed to her over his shoulder.

"By the way," Ramza looked around, "Anyone seen Yuka and Sherry?"

"I'm guessing that like typical party guests, they stuffed their faces and took off." Happy answered.

"I doubt that." Ramza deadpanned, then looked around again. "Though there doesn't seem to be a better explanation..."