Chapter 17.53: Water And A Cool Breeze

Ramza was too busy drinking coffee at the Fairy Tail makeshift bar to notice the fight that was happening behind him. Apparently, Gray called Natsu some names. Knowing how they are, things escalated quickly from there. Right now, they were having their usual slugfest atop a table with Elfman, Macao and the others cheering them on and taking bets on who would win.

This day was special in a way: Erza had gone out on a mission. That means that Ramza didn't have supervised training with her today, as well as nobody to watch over the two other guys. The wind mage sighed and took a sip from his cup as a chair sailed over his head, probably thrown by either the flaming idiot or the no-brainer ice cube.

Mirajane looked as cheerful as ever, smiling over all the chaos. She hummed to herself as she prepared another cup of coffee for Ramza. 

"Here you go~" Mirajane said sweetly.

"Thanks." Ramza casually picked up the coffee and sipped.

His training with the redhead so far had been unrelenting. It was just like last time: A really early morning run, a spar just after breakfast, then practicing a few sword skills and forms, and finally another spar right before the sun sets. Erza had prevented him to use any magic besides requip magic, so that he could focus on his physical prowess. He understood why she had done this, but as the days continued, he became more and more frustrated that he couldn't use any of his magics. A part of him just felt... off.

He's been trained like this for a week now. He could certainly feel himself getting stronger. The fact that he could lift a few more beams of wood than he could before to help in the guild's construction was proof of that. However, he still had a long way to go. If he pushed himself too hard, he'd pass out like the first time he and Erza trained together.

Placing his now empty cup of coffee on the table, Ramza then realized the small brawl happening behind him. Shaking his head at the duo's antics, he smiled to himself, that is until both Natsu and Gray flew at him. The two collided with him, sending each other sprawling over the counter. Surprisingly, Gray still had his clothes on.

"Oof!" Ramza grunted, "Why're you coming at me?"

"It's not my fault!" Natsu protested, "Blame Gray!"

"As if, flame brain!" The ice mage grumbled, "You were the one who knocked me into the air!"

"Huh?" Natsu glared at him. "Who was the one who started the fight?"

"You did!" Gray shot back.

"Yeah, right!" Natsu growled sarcastically.

"You wanna go?" Gray scowled.

"Bring it on!"

Ramza barely had time to roll aside as Natsu and Gray started to fight again. Seems like the ice mage's stripping habit had caught up. He flung his coat and shirt aside as he and Natsu started to throw fists. Ramza slyly took his clothes while no one was looking, and slipped out of the guild hall.

Ramza sighed as he remembered the task given to him by Juvia. She had been asking him continuous questions about her beloved Gray-sama, as well as some really questionable tasks. At first she was pretty shy, asking him to give Gray food and snacks and what he did during the day, but now she had amounted to ask him to bring her some of Gray's clothes when Ramza had mentioned Gray's stripping habits.

He'd been meeting with Juvia in a way that no one from Fairy Tail would be suspicious. Ramza had been feeding her information on the ice mage, but she was yet to teach him any magics. 

The sky was high in the sky, indicating that it was noon. He then proceeded to the ocean, where Juvia would usually hang out at this time of day. When he'd asked her why the ocean, she said that it's her natural element, so of course she'd want to be at open water.