Chapter 17.51: To Look For Teachers

Previously...

"Fairy Tail is victorious!" Makarov declared, "But I had very little to do with it. This victory is yours, my children!"

As the rest of Fairy Tail whooped their victory, Ramza chuckled.

"We couldn't have done it without you, master." He smiled.

Currently...

Ramza sipped from his cup of coffee as he scribbled onto his journal.

"The last days have been very exciting, to say the least." He wrote, "First I learn magic, then we go to a cursed island, and now we literally just won a guild war."

Ramza chuckled to himself as he recalled all the things that have happened these days past.

"Regarding the war, our guild hall is pretty trashed. And so, they planned that they're gonna rebuild it even bigger than before. Everyone is helping out, even Levy and her team! They just got out of the hospital recently, and I'm glad that they're recovering nicely. Lucy isn't with us though, I assume it's because she sustained a lot of injuries."

"Just yesterday, a bunch of guys wearing cloaks that had the symbol of an ankh on it approached us. They said they were the rune knights, the magic council's army. They explained that all of us were to be questioned about the war, for about a week. Besides that, the drama between Phantom and Fairy Tail kinda died down. Nobody talked about it anymore 'cause they were all focused on rebuilding the guild hall."

"The rune knights still haven't made a decision on what the punishment of Fairy Tail is, so I guess we can take a breather for now."

Ramza's hand fumbled with his quill as he thought about what to write next.

"Thing is though, I can't stop thinking about me and Natsu's fight with that Totomaru guy. I was absolutely worse than useless there, since that guy targeted me since I didn't have immunity to fire. I just got in the way, and my wind magic did little to aid Natsu since I was already down on the ground."

"I thought that my bow and sword skills were alright, that it could somehow make up for my lack of magical power and experience. I was wrong. I could barely fight Totomaru's swordsmanship, and he rendered my bow skills useless. I have to get stronger."

His lips curled in frustration as he set his quill down. Ramza sat up from his desk, and finished his coffee drink in one gulp. He exhaled and got his coat from his chair and proceeded towards the door. There was one way he knew how to become more powerful, and he knew who could help him.

He walked to the place where the once proud Fairy Tail guild hall stood, now being rebuilt brick per brick. Ramza looked around, seeing people working hard at the guild hall's reconstruction. Master Makarov grew in size via his giant magic and hammered a piece of lumber with his fist. Elfman and Mirajane spread a piece of paper over a table, probably the blueprints of the construction. Macao directed Laki to cast her wood-make magic at certain places.

He walked a bit more, and saw the person he wanted to talk to.

"C'mon! I want to see those pillars in place by this afternoon!" Erza commanded.

"Hey, Erza." Ramza greeted.

The redhead turned to him. "Oh it's you, Ramza."

"So, uh," Ramza shuffled awkwardly in place, "The construction of the guild going nicely?"

Erza nodded. "Yes. It's going smoothly."

"I, uh, that's nice." Ramza said.

Erza noticed his unusual behavior. "Yes, Ramza?"