Chapter 17.52: A Blade For You

As Ramza slept soundly in his bed, a dream surfaced to his consciousness. As far as he could tell, he was on top of a mountain, high up in the sky that he could see the clouds beneath him. He reached out to touch them, a loud crack of thunder interrupted his thoughts. Ramza looked to the sky, but it was as clear as day.

The thunder sounded again, and with it came gusts of wind. It was only a breeze at first, but then the winds started to push him around. Ramza immediately looked to find a sort of foothold, but the gusts then blew him off the mountain and into the sky. He started to fall down, and he sailed past the clouds.

Ramza's vision shook as he descended, wind whistling in his ears. The roar of a storm was behind him, and he felt the pitter patter of rain on his back. A flash covered his eyes, and lightning struck him.

"Gah!" Ramza yelled.

He jolted up in bed, breathing heavily. He took a second to look at his surroundings; he wasn't falling anymore, but was in his own home.

He put a hand to his head. "A dream?"

Ramza sighed. Dreams never came to him. Why now?

"Urgh-" Ramza rubbed his eyes awake. "What time is it?"

He stood up and opened his curtains, revealing a starry black sky.

"Still not morning..." He muttered. 

"You are awake, I see." A woman's voice said.

Ramza turned his head to the door, and had to do a double take. Why was Erza in his house?

"Uhh, Erza? What are you doing in here?" Ramza asked with a bit of nervousness in his voice.

"I'm here for your training." She raised an eyebrow at him. "Don't tell me you've forgotten."

"I haven't. It's just-" Ramza fumbled his hands around, "Aren't we doing this like, I dunno, at morning or something?"

"It is morning." Erza replied. "Therefore we can begin."

"The sun's not even out yet..." Ramza complained.

"I thought you wanted to become stronger?" Erza glared at him. "You asked for this."

He groaned. "Alright, fine. Just let me have some breakfast and some coffee."

"Yes." Erza nodded.

The two of them descended and went into the kitchen. As Ramza scrounged around for his food, Erza observed him from behind.

"So, what d'you want?" Ramza asked.

Erza narrowed her eyes at him. "What do you mean?"

"Y'know, for breakfast?" Ramza shuffled through his cabinet. "I can cook pretty much anything, so yeah."

Erza relaxed. "Anything will do."

"Cool." He then popped out of the cabinet with a loaf of bread and a few eggs.

Ramza cracked the eggs and put them on the pan, while he suspended the loaf of bread in the air with a wind rope. He then cast an Ignaten rune to light a fire underneath the pan, while simultaneously heating up the loaf of bread. In no time, he had some steaming hot bread alongside a few well cooked eggs. Ramza placed them on some plates and put them on the table. He also got a large pitcher of water and coffee and cooled them with a Frigis rune.

"Bread and Eggs." Ramza presented, "Hope you like it."

Erza bit into the bread. "You haven't disappointed me yet in the food department, Ramza."