Chapter 10: The Cursed Island of Galuna

Previously...

"I wanna join your team too!" The captain said, "I'll brave that scary island for you! Set course for the cursed island of Galuna!"

"It's like they weren't even beat up by her..." Ramza said quietly.

He sighed, tossing the peeled orange skin overboard. This aught to be interesting.

Currently...

The ship had now docked on Galuna island's shore. Erza and Ramza then checked their supplies and got off the ship, but the crew and their captain shivered in their boots.

"What's wrong?" Ramza asked.

"W-we'll stay on the ship." The captain said.

"I thought you said you wanted to help me?" Erza raised an eyebrow.

"Um, we will!" The captain's voice cracked. "Moral support!"

"Aye!" The captain's men cheered with feigned enthusiasm.

"I see..." Erza said. "Come, Ramza. Let's go."

He nodded and followed her as she walked across the sand. While Erza walked in a straight line, Ramza smiled to himself as he stepped across the small waves rolling on the shore.

"Ramza!" Erza scolded, "We aren't here to play!"

"Oh, sorry." He stepped out of the water. "I was just having a little fun."

"If you want to prove yourself, you have to focus on the task at hand!" Erza said sternly.

"Well yeah," Ramza shifted his weight, "But I'm just unsure about this whole 'bringing them back' thing. Do we really have to do this?"

"Of course. They broke guild rules and they must compensate for it." Erza looked at him. "And your task is to help me bring them home."

"I'm just saying that I'm getting a bad feeling about this place." Ramza said. "Something just feels off here..."

He then looked ahead and saw a pink haired lady attacking a blonde figure. Knowing who it probably is, the two of them dashed to aid Lucy. It seemed unnecessary, however, since Lucy had defeated her opponent with a punch. Falling to the ground, Lucy's foe seemed to say one last thing before going unconscious. 

"Angelica..." The pink haired lady said weakly, "Avenge your master's death..."

Suddenly, an abnormally large rat wearing what seemed like a maid's uniform jumped at Lucy.

"I thought that rat was one of her puppets!" Lucy yelled. She then tried to run, but her legs refused to budge. She braced for impact, but the rat was knocked aside by a strike from Erza. It fell down, defeated, right beside her master.

"Lucy!" Ramza called out to her. "You alright?"

 "Ramza! Erza!" Lucy exclaimed.

"Lucy." The redhead just glared daggers at her. "I assume you know why we're here. You do, don't you?"

"T-to take us back?" Lucy replied, sweat dropping. "Promise you won't hurt me?"

Her request echoed across the beach in cricket silence. A tense moment ensued, but a blue cat came flying towards them.

"Hey, I've been looking all over for you! I'm glad you're okay! I was wor-" Happy faltered when he saw the glint of Erza's signature armour. He tried to fly away, but Erza caught him by the tail and dragged him back to Lucy.

"Now, where is Natsu?" Erza asked Lucy while holding the cat by the tail.

"Listen, I'm sorry we went here without permission. But some really awful things have been happening on this island! There's this guy and his minions who are trying to revive a frozen demon! And the villagers are suffering from the spell they're using! They've turned into monsters!"