Chapter 17: Master Makarov Swoops In

Previously...

"On that account," Everyone's eyes turned to Ramza's, "I'm not feeling too good. Wake me up later."

And with those last words, he passed out.

Currently...

Ramza's dream was nothing short of weird. Well, I guess one could say it was more odd than weird. He saw that the sky was dark, and it was raining. Winds roared in his ear like small tornadoes. Ramza looked down and saw the ground cracked like an eggshell.

"Earthquake?" Ramza wondered.

Suddenly, the earth below him collapsed and fell into a shadow filled ravine. He fell in it as well, but not before a flash of lightning crossed his eyes. 

Ramza clutched his chest as he jolted awake, the feeling of falling fresh in his heart.

"Oh, you're up."

He blinked his eyes awake to see Gray standing over him. "Gray?" 

"Mira and Elfman are here too." Gray pointed over his shoulder. "They patched you up and carried you when you passed out a while back."

"A while back?" Ramza looked up to the sky, wondering. His eyes widened in realization. "Oh, right! What happened?"

"We split up, and we encountered the some of the Element Four." Elfman crossed his arms. "I fought Sol, the Earth Elemental. Gray here beat Juvia, the Water Elemental."

"Wait, you carried me when you fought?" Ramza's eyebrows furrowed.

Elfman snorted. "I put you aside so that you were out of harm's way. You were seriously into sleeping."

"Ehehe..." Ramza looked beside him and saw a blue haired girl grinning widely. She was laid down on the ground, and her eyes were shut.

Ramza frowned. "Woah, who's this? And why does she have that creepy grin on her face?" 

"That's Juvia." Gray answered, then looked down at the water mage with a scrutinizing face. "And she's having a nice dream?"

"Uh, sweet dreams then?" Ramza greeted Juvia awkwardly. She didn't respond. It seems that's she's completely stuck in dreamland. "Anyway, thanks for bandaging me up, guys."

"You were seriously hurt." Mirajane looked at him worriedly. "That slice on your chest isn't going to heal anytime soon..."

Ramza looked down at himself, and saw a twinge of red poking out from his bandages. Ramza waved her off. "I'll be fine. So, that's three of the Element Four down?"

Elfman nodded. "Mira's just figured it out. The energy of the Element Four are what's powering the giant."

"We can do this!" Mira said, determined. "Right, you guys?"

The three males nodded in unison.

"So," Ramza piped up, "How exactly do we defeat the last guy?"

"He's Aria of the Great Sky, and he'll be the toughest to beat." Mirajane said gravely. "He's the strongest of the Element Four, and he's also the one who drained the master of his energy, making him powerless."

"Dang, he's that strong?" Ramza wondered aloud.

"One more thing," Mirajane said, "He has special eyes."

"His eyes?" Gray asked.

"Yes. Evidently, Aria keeps his eyes covered in bandages. He does this to suppress his overwhelming magical power."

"So, it's all in his eyes?" Elfman said.

"That's right." Mirajane confirmed, "So when we find him, we have to beat him before he opens them. Because if that happens, we don't stand a chance at victory."