Chapter 8: Just a Normal Day at the Guild

The sunlight beamed through Ramza's window as he rose up from his bed. Rubbing his eyes awake, he glanced down at the side of his bed, where he placed his wakizashi. It was common for him to stow weapons next to him, it gave him some sort of assurance.

He stood up and remembered: Erza was going to teach him requipping magic today. He then quickly changed and excitedly cooked breakfast, which he promptly devoured. Attaching his sword to his waist, he walked out the door and knocked on Lucy's flat, which was just beside his. 

"Hello?" Ramza asked, "Anyone in there?"

"NO STRIPPING IN MY HOUSE, BUDDY!" Yelled a familiar voice.

Ramza opened the door to see Lucy kicking a nearly naked Gray in the stomach. "What the heck?"

The ice make wizard clutched his gut. "Gimme a minute to explain, alright? I was naked when I got here."

"Dude, that isn't right." Ramza said.

"Hmph. Whatever." Gray huffed.

"Get out!" Lucy said heatedly.

"So you forgot, huh?" Gray replied.

"Forgot what?"

"Remember the deal that Natsu made with Erza at the train station?"

Ramza racked his brain to remember. "A rematch?"

Gray nodded. "Yeah. It's today."

"No way!" Lucy exclaimed, "They're really going through with it?"

"What? Erza's supposed to teach me requipping today!" Ramza pouted.

"Maybe if the fight's quick, she'll still have time to train you." Gray said, "C'mon, they might be bashing heads by now!"

The three of them ran towards the front of the Fairy Tail guild, where Gray said the fight would take place. A large crowd had gathered to watch the fight; Erza and Natsu had taken their sides and were stretching to warm up.

"I guess they're really fighting." Ramza said.

"No way!" Lucy piped up.

"Oh hey, you two!" Mirajane greeted the new spectators.

"If those two value their manhood, then they'd better go through with it!" Said Elfman, who was beside his sister.

"Erza's not a man..." Mirajane pointed out.

Macao popped up from behind Elfman. "But you gotta admit that she's manly."

"Aren't you worried that this fight would tear our strongest team apart?" Lucy asked Gray.

The latter snorted. "Our strongest team?"

Lucy raised an eyebrow at him. "I mean you, Erza and Natsu! You're the three strongest wizards in the guild!"

"We are?" Gray questioned, "What kind of idiot fed you that lie?"

"Uhhh..." Ramza pointed at Mirajane, who had started to cry.

"Oh! You're not an idiot, Mira!" Gray apologized.

"Nice one, Gray." Ramza said sarcastically.

"I'll hand it to Gray and Natsu: they're tough little dudes." Elfman said, "But neither of them are even close to being the strongest. There are guys that are stronger than the two of them combined, like this guy!" He pointed to himself.

"But calling Erza the strongest woman in the guild is a pretty safe bet." Pitched in Levy, whose team had just arrived to watch the battle.

Her teammate, Jet, sighed. "As for the guys, it's a tough call. I'd put my money on either Laxus or Mystogan."