𝐖𝐭𝐟 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞...?!

· ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Sam had arrived back in Mondstadt the next day and she was glad to see the sky returned to its normal bright blue and clear as crystal waters.

Seems that situation's been settled... the sky is back to its normal blue. Sam thought as she walked through the busy streets towards the Knights of Favonius headquarters.

"Hey look, it's Sam!" a high-pitched voice called out.

The dark-haired girl turned her head and noticed the two people walking up to her. The blonde and his companion, "Oh it's you... Aether and Paimon, right?" 

They both looked happy to see her, "Seems you and Kaeya handled things well yesterday," The blonde spoke, putting his hand on his hips.

"We did make quick work of that temple. What about you, Amber, and Lisa?" Sam asked with a smile.

"All taken care of swiftly!" Paimon exclaimed.

"Heh... That's good to hear." The dark-haired girl nodded.

The blonde then walked beside Sam, looking at her. "Actually... we have to ask you about something." he said.

Sam nodded and walked ahead, gesturing him and Paimon to follow. "Ask away," she said.

"So... um- while clearing out those temples yesterday, we were ambushed multiple times by these orange and black people."

Sam snapped her head towards them, her body freezing. "... Did they have deathly white skin?" she asked.

Aether nodded, looking surprised, "They did actually... we wanted to know if you and Kaeya had a similar case."

"Seems like they did..." Paimon added.

Sam sighed It seems this might be more... more elaborate and premeditated than I thought.

"Let's go find, Jean," Sam suggested, before jogging off towards the Knight's headquarters. Aether and Paimon followed behind her.

· ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"Isn't that... Jean?" Paimon whispered, as she peered out from behind the nearby stone wall.

"Seems like she's talking to someone..." Aether said.

Sam caught a glimpse of the other person and began to slightly furrow her eyebrows. 

"..."

She stayed silent. The other person wore a black and purple robe, and a mask that covered their eyes. Seemed to be a Fatui Diplomat.

However... she didn't panic just yet, as there were Fatui diplomats in literally every nation. So it was always likely they were here on official business and orders of the Tsaritsa.

"If you are unable to promptly deal with the Stormterror threat, then leave the defense of Mondstadt to the Fatui." The Diplomat lady said.

"We can put an end to Mondstadt's dragon issues. All we to do is bring that monster to the-"