𝐈 𝐃𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐭, 𝐈 𝐁𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭

· ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

Finally... I'm out of that place...

I'm out of that place...

I killed them... I killed them all.

The girl then collapsed to her knees and sat there for a while, her hands holding herself tightly.

She had left the hideout where she had been held captive, it had been half a day at most since then... someone had likely found the scene she had left for them to find. A bloody... yet beautiful display of her madness.

Sam had just come to terms with what she had done. Her plan had gone pretty much smoothly and perfectly as she had expected it to.

The girl had also snooped and scavenged around the hideout for anything useful and surprisingly... she found something exactly that.

The Holy Lyre der Himmel.

She didn't know the Fatui had taken it... nor what they planned on doing with it, but she decided to take it for herself. Perhaps return it to Jean as the blonde was probably going nuts that it was missing.

But... she wanted to hold onto it for a bit, while she stayed out in the wilderness more. She didn't feel like seeing anyone at all. She wanted to be alone for a while...

The lyre was pretty looking... which is one of the main reasons she decided to take it.

It gave her a sense of comfort.

She took a deep breath as she sat down from her knees. Her lances appearing with the Ancient Lyre beside her, she took it in her hands and hugged it tightly.

Her breath became shaky and hitched as her tears began to swell. She was careful not to hug it too tight, she didn't want to break it after all. It was a priceless Lyre... an Ancient artifact.

Yet... one that made her feel- secure. Even after what happened.

Why was that...?

Perhaps it was because of the subtle presence of the Anemo Archon. This was his instrument after all. His connection with... Dvalin, The Sky Dragon. His old friend.

Having this lyre... was like she was apart of their story. Like she was there with them as they joined together from these very strings. She could almost see the Archon next to her... with what she imagined him to look like, the image that she put together from stories and books about him, Barbatos. The God of Freedom.

Having a part of a god with her... maybe that was why it was comforting.

"Even the birds cry out to the heavens."

Some words that he... would probably say, but she would never know for sure.

Or maybe because she had a bit of his power... the power of the ceaseless winds and the floating dandelions, The gift of freedom. The gift of Anemo.

But did she really have freedom...?

She would like to ask the Archon that question, but of course, like Dvalin... she would receive no answer.