𝐄𝐱𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐮𝐦: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐨.

Exordium: "warp laid on a loom before the web is begun" or "starting point," in Latin. The beginning or introduction, especially the introductory part of a discourse.

 ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"Another one...?!"

The back of the Goth Grand Hotel in Mondstadt, the place most commonly used by the diplomats of the Fatui...

On this particular day... it became a sight of true horrors.

"That has to be the third slaughter this week!"

"No... They found three more just this morning by the Cathedral!!"

"A-And another by the Port!"

Blood covers the floor... the wall... the stone and dirt. Seeping into the cracks and dirt, staining them a permanent sanguine red.

Nothing could erase the events that occurred here.

The scent of death and fear lingered in The City of Freedom, people stood on their toes everywhere they went- worried that they might be next.

The bodies of two Fatui diplomats were found lifeless in a large pool of blood at the back of the Goth Grand Hotel. Throats slit open and stab wounds clear on display.

A plethora of murders had happened... one almost every other day, over about a dozen this week alone.

All just as gruesome... if not more.

Understandably, the people of Mondstadt were terrified by all the death occurring in the city lately.

They couldn't fathom it at all... had they done something wrong?

Was the Anemo Archon angry?

Was this his way of releasing his wrath on his people?

This is what the Nun pondered as she walked quietly through the allies of the city... staying the shadows as if she was expecting something.

"...Would a god do something like that to his people?" she asked herself, brows furrowing as she got lost in thought.

She sighed, "Considering what he told me... maybe this is a sign. Or maybe not..." she muttered, leaning on the wall and observing the crowd from afar.

"After all... why would that lazy god be so worked up all of a sudden? Doesn't make much sense to me."

She narrowed her tired eyes at the people shaking with fear, "Though... it is kind of a blessing in a way..."

"The less Fatui and Sellado in the city... the better."

Though... she found herself curious. She had heard of the name "Samantha Asteria" floating around the Knights of Favonius over the last month...

She chuckled, "What a weak cover-up name..."