𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓- 𝐆𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫...

· ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

After Sam left the Knight's headquarters, she and Ural talked for a little before parting ways. As the silver-haired boy said he had some matters to attend to in the city.

Sam then decided to frolic in the city for a little before heading back to Springvale. 

I guess... checking out the city wouldn't hurt?

I haven't been here in a long time anyway. I should get the layout in my head while I'm here.

She wandered around for what seemed like hours, taking in every sight she laid eyes on. It was... kind of like she remembered. Though it had been a long time.

From the fountain to the large Anemo Archon statue. That much she could remember.

She even heard a few bards singing and playing their lyres as they told their stories. Music was another one of the many things she enjoyed.

Especially the ones of this one bard who wore all green, with a Cecelia in his hair.

As she listened... it was like a storybook playing through her mind.

"What is to be sung transpired in days of yore... When the divine archons still walked the earth..."

"A dragon cast his curious gaze on the world below. As he parted from the heavens that gave his birth."

"The dragon sought truth amongst common folk. But mortal trifles only fogged his mind."

"The windborne bard strummed his strings dolce. And the Holy Lyre answered his questions kind. The dragon was but a child full of wonder, and soared the heavens free from care."

"The bards songs invited him to sing along. For he yearned to let all perceive him fair."

It was realistic... like a film. The story of a friendship captured in the words of a song.

A friendship that didn't seem to last.

"Enchanting legends the bard and dragon were. But the tides of despair soon engulfed the land..."

"The Lion fang perished and the Falcon flag slept... As a vile dragon approached Mondstadt in lone stand."

"Over the Cathedral loomed death and his friends... Of the people's agony the bard soon sang."

"The soaring dragon heeded his grave calls and amidst the windstorms a brutal war sprang."

"Blood of venom sent the sky dragon into slumber... Only to awake to be expelled in abhor..."

Sam began to feel... uncomfortable... just this feeling in her chest felt--

So odd.

Yet this feeling was... familiar.

"Why do people in this age loathe me so? But the Holy Lyre replied no more..."