six

( LEGENDS )

chapter six』ー booze and popcorn

Lauren sat in between the airplane window and drew

Lauren sat in between the airplane window and drew. It was two day after raw, they decided it would be best to fly to Washington since it was a 19 hour drive and only a 9 hour flight.

Both of them had an earbud in as they watched season five of the office. Lauren lazily resting her head on Drew's shoulder, well, forearm since the man was 6'5 and Lauren was only 5'8.

"You were right," drew said.

"Hm?" Lauren murmured, "that's not something ya hear everyday."

"About Andy," he said, "it's the only thing I'll ever admit you were right about."

"I don't know," she said while reaching for her water, "i feel kinda bad, his finance is cheating on him with someone who sits 5 feet away from his desk and he doesn't have a brain to notice."

"Well as someone who's been married twice-"

"Twice?" Lauren said laughing, before stopping, "sorry, but, god, you're like Ross Geller."

"Who?"

"He's from a tv show."

"Well as I was sayin b'for you interrupted me, love can blind someone," Drew said.

"I've been in love too," she admitted, "but Andy's like a dead pig in mud, he's clueless."

Drew paused as he took a second to comprehend the meridional expression, "i guess."

The pair focused on the screen again as Michael tried to tell Andy about Angela's affair only to be stopped by Jim, multiple times.

"Whatta cutie," Lauren gushed.

"Da fuck?"

"Jim-"

"That's what you're into?" He asked shocked, "hell, I'm better looking than him."

"I never said you weren't," she responded with a wink to add effect. Drew just looked away, unknowingly letting a small tint of red rise to his cheeks.

Snuggling into Drew's shoulder, Lauren got more comfortable as she pulled her sweatshirt sleeves down and focused on the small screen. Three more hours on the flight, about 9 more episodes of the office.

By now, Lauren's eyes were drooping and Drew's shoulder was getting more and more comfortable. "Ya can go to sleep," drew told her.

Lauren mumbled something that wasn't coherent enough for the Scotsman to understand.

Lauren eventually drifted of into a light sleep,  drew following his own advice rests his head on top of Lauren's and closed his eyes.

"Excuse me," a feminine voice said, causing the pair to stir, "if you could please fasten your seatbelts and turn of all electronics, we are landing soon."

The lady in blue smiled and walked away to tell the next few rows the same thing. Lauren took her head off of Drew's shoulder and grabbed her laptop, quickly shutting it off and storing it under the seat.

"Damn," drew said, stretching his arms.

"'m know," Lauren said cracking her neck. Flights really do go by faster when your sleeping for almost half of it. Following the instructions of the flight attendant and the yellow light, the two clipped their seatbelts in place waiting for landing.

"Hey," Lauren said as she opened the door of her hotel room. Becky pulled Lauren into a hug as she stepped into the room.

After the plane has landed, drew and Lauren picked up a rental car and drove to the hotel, and now Lauren and Becky we're going to have a girls night.

"I got popcorn," she said holding up the white pop-secret bag, "and beer."

"I got a tv," Lauren responded.

The two girl made their way over towards the bed, plopping down. Becky opened the popcorn as Lauren opened the beer.

"Personally, I was raised on miller," she said as she opened the blue can, "but I guess I'll let it slide."

"Oh I'm sorry, I'm not a beer connoisseur," she sarcastically said, reaching for the tv remote.

"Good thing ya got me," Lauren winked, stuffing on white cheddar popcorn into her mouth. Becky clicked on '90 day finance.' This was the girls tradition, drink, eat, and laugh at others drama on tv.

"Ya got a date to my wedding yet?" Becky asked.

"Nah," Lauren said, "my normal date left me to get married to some asshat," she joked.

"What a bitch," Becky joked back.

Becky dipped her beer, "bring drew."

"The fuck?" Lauren asked, looking at her friend as if she had grown another head.

"Seriously," she continued, "you'd be cute."

"I'm always cute," Lauren reasoned.

Becky gave Lauren a warning glare, "come on, you're already good friends. There's no denying that he likes you."

"Hah!" The dark haired girl laughed.

"You ask him to my wedding or I'm revoking your invitation."

"I'll have Colby invite me," Lauren retaliated.

"Lo, Just stop," Becky said, "I know you think he's cute-"

"Oh, he is," Lauren said, "but maybe he doesn't want to date me."

Becky went to continue but Lauren cut her off, "hush, its back on," she said while pointing towards the tv. Becky just took a sip of her beer, the Irish girl was going to make sure the pair ended up together, hell, she was probably going to drag Colby into her grand plan too.