twenty

( LEGENDS )

chapter twenty』➖ here for you

The weekend getaway at her parents house ended and she was left to face reality again as she walked into the Orlando performance center building a few hours before Monday night raw would air

Neither Drew nor Lauren wanted to head back to Florida, which is something drew never thought he'd feel. Between her mother's cooking her her father grilling he really didn't want to leave tomorrow. Plus in those three days he's learned more about Lauren than he had in the past three months.

The center was nearly empty except for a few employees that were setting up for that nights show. Lauren has showed up early at the beckoning of an email from Stephanie McMahon herself, which wasn't necessarily unusual but in her mind they had no business to discuss.

Still, she didn't feel nervous as she opened the door with her boss's name in gold on a black rectangular plaque. Lauren held her head high as she walked in.

"Ms Jackson!" She exclaimed, sometimes talent didn't like steph but behind the scenes she was actually a sweetheart who just had some bad ideas sometimes, "glad you could make it."

Lauren shook hands with her boss before sitting down in the red wingback chair, "with all due respect ma'am, why the hell am I here?"

"over four years here and your still calling me 'ma'am'."

"It's how it was raised, Steph."

"Right," a stiff, uncomfortable silence filled the air before her boss continued, "I called you in here because I just wanted to debrief you on future events along with your future in the company, nothing too big."

Of course nothing too big, just her future. Lauren new nothing that terrible could happen the company needs her, they always have. She didn't want to sound self centered, but Steph couldn't afford to lose any good talent, especially someone as favorable as Lauren.

"You know that you are one of wwe's top athletes and we'll do nearly anything to keep you happy so you obviously can object any of these matches and storylines," Stephanie reassured. she hadn't lied, the McMahon's couldn't afford to lose Lauren to another company like new japan, tna, or even all elite wrestling- all companies had made her very generous offers too.

"I assume you're aware of Rebecca Quinn's current stare considering how close you two are?" Lauren nodded, "she'll obviously have to relinquish the title-"

"In the money in the bank briefcase," Lauren cut her off earning a surprised look her boss.

The McMahon in front of her smirked, "yes," she confirmed, "you'll then begin a new rivalry with asuka and nia for the raw women's championship, you're first contenders match since the WrestleMania fiasco," Lauren glared at her boss who was still claiming it was her father behind the loss. Lauren didn't believe it, and at this rate Lauren wasn't too concerned about the women's championship. But given the chance she would sure fight for it.

"Finally we reach the terms of your new money in the bank briefcase, more specifically what title you would like to challenge for," Stephanie looked at Lauren expectantly but just earned a laugh from her.

"That'll be a surprise," she deadpanned.

Her boss sighed, "why must you make this difficult?"

"I like control- free range, unscripted," she smirked, "that's all, right?"

Steph nodded, letting Lauren stand and walk out. Truth be told, Lauren didn't even know what title she was going for yet. That was all to be planned later, and by later she meant in less than 10 seconds when she finds a great moment to cash in.

Lauren made to her own locker room only to turn on the light and find her favorite Irish woman laying on the couch, "What the fuck?" She exclaimed with a hand over her heart.

"Sorry," Becky told her, "I'm just sad. It's my last episode before i take my maternity leave next week."

"I'm sad too," Lauren told her while sitting down next to Becky, "it'll be different without you here, I'll be stuck with your idiotic boy."

Her words brought a smile onto still somber Becky's face, "I don't want to leave," she said, her eyes watering, "I'm going to be alone, I'll be stuck at home, Colby will be gone half the time-"

"Hey, hey," Lauren told her, wrapping her arms around Becky's shoulders, "becks, Colby and I are here, Sasha and Bayley, we're all here. We won't leave you lonely."

"You'll all be here in Florida and Colby will be gone three days a week." She was wiping the tears off of her cheeks, "and now I'm crying."

"Becky, we will still talk, I'm not going anywhere and I'm sure as hell not gonna letting you go stir crazy."

"I just don't wanna leave."

"You won't be gone forever," Lauren told her.

"Have I told you how awesome you are?" Becky asked with one last laugh while continuing to dry her tears, "I need some pickles."

no drew, sorry