eight

( LEGENDS )

chapter eight』ー (former) d1 softball
                                player

Lauren sat in the passenger of her and Drew's rents car as some new country song played quietly through the speakers

To say things were awkward would be the understatement of the year, but what made it worse is that while they tried to ignore it, it was the one this in the front of their minds.

"Ya want anything to eat?" This was the first actual sentence either had spoken, not including 'hey'.

"Sure, only if you want to though."

"Is McDonald's okay?"

"Yeah."

Drew flipped the turn signal on before he turned into the McDonald's parking lot and driving towards the drive through. "Large fry and a water, please." She told him.

Drew nodded as he rolled down his window and placed their order. A few minutes later two drinks followed by a brown paper bag were handed to drew, who handed the bag towards Lauren.

The rest of the ride was filled with more awkward silence, featuring chewing and more of Lauren's country music. There was also a moment where Lauren began singing along to Friends Don't by Maddie and tae as she looked at the window, but the girl failed to notice was how Drew's hand tighten around the steering wheel as some of the words hit too close to home and reminded him of Lauren.

But here Lauren was now, laying alone, like normal, in a queen sized bed at half pass 2 as she struggled to sleep. It's been the same cycle since she fell into bed a little over three hours ago: get comfortable, closes her eyes, moves again just before she falls asleep.

Groaning, the girl sat up and pulled the cord to the little white bed side lamp. Letting her eyes adjust, Lauren threw the duvet off of her and walked towards the suitcase on the floor. In slow motions, Lauren pulled her Nike socks onto her feat followed by her shoes as she pocketed her phone and room key.

The girl let the door close behind her as she stepped out into the hallway. She stopped in front of the white door labeled '337' and knocked, if they didn't answer then she was just going to keep knocking.

"What the hell do you want?" The bearded man asks Lauren.

"Ya wanna go to the cages?"

"Lo, it's 3 in the morning," colby said as she checked he alarm clock on the nightstand.

"I can't sleep," Lauren said as Seth pulled a sweatshirt over his head, "I'll explain when we get there."

Colby nodded, writing something on a piece of paper, which was what Lauren supposed to be a note for Becky who was fast asleep in the bed. Something that Lauren was jealous of.

"You're lucky I like you," Seth said as he stepped into the elevator, hitting the button for the lobby.

The two stepped out of the elevator and left the near-empty hotel to get to Seth's black rental car. Seth tossed the keys over to Lauren as he walked around towards the passenger side of the car, leaving Lauren to get in the drivers seat.

The short fifteen minute drives to the random 24 sports center was filled with Lauren tapping her fingers on the steering along with the beat of the music as Colby rested his head against the seat with closed eyes.

The fitness center was looked practically abandoned, just a few people there which was mostly employees. Lauren lead Colby over towards there batting cages as she picked up a bat, the man doing the same.

"Okay, now you gotta explain," Colby said from behind the pitching machine, loading it with softballs.

"Becky didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" He asked as he stepped out of the cage as the pitches started coming.

"Well," Lauren paused as she swung at the yellow ball, "drew and I gotta a little close and maybe almost kissed. Im not for sure."

The girl swung again, hitting the ball to the top back of the net as Colby stood outside, not expecting that little piece of information.

"And let me guess, it's a little awkward."

"Bingo," She grunted has she hit another ball and got back into the batting stance again.

"You want my advice?"

"Not really," she paused, "but if you're givin it out, then sure."

"Go for it," Lauren looked at him as a pitch went by, "shoot your shot."

"Are you trying to get me to ruin my friendship?"

He just shook his head, "You drug me here at 3 in the morning and now you're not gonna even listen to my advice?"

"Uh- Yeah, sounds about right"

Colby groaned and stepped into the cage, "my turn," he said, "you've had your fun."

"Watch and learn," he said while passing by Lauren.

"Yes," she sarcastically began, "you're gonna out bat the former d1 softball player."

wwerollins instagram story:

The pair was back in the car, Lauren behind the wheel while colby played post Malone on the radio

The pair was back in the car, Lauren behind the wheel while colby played post Malone on the radio. It was a little after four a.m and the sky was still pitch black since it was still technically winter. They passed little to no cars as the man still tried to convince her to shoot her shot. But after a hard slap to the side of his head, Colby quickly dropped the topic.

Lauren had to practically drag the tired boy out of the car back to his hotel room in order to stop him from sleeping in the passenger seat.

"You sleep on it," he mumbled to her as he stopped in front of his hotel room.

"Yeah," Lauren mumbled as she walked into her room.

"What the hell," she said to herself laid on her bed. She couldn't care less if drew didn't like her, she just wanted to keep her friendship. But, hey, a guy who likes you back would be a bonus.

y'all leave some comments
and suggestions