GAY (Coffee Shop AU)

I'm trying to be original here, but yes, I'm doing a cliche Coffee Shop AU and no one can stop me!! So on with this horrible story, and I really do apologize, because originality is not my thing at all.

When he stepped through the door of Starbucks, Nathan Catch was immediately head over heels for him, and he doesn't even know his name. He was shorter than Nathan, with a mop of curly brown hair atop his head, and he was wearing a bright and baggy yellow sweatshirt. But the first thing Nathan noticed about the guy was his eyes, they were a deep, rich brown that looked caramel in the sun. And maybe this was cliche for the 22 year old, but this was his first actual crush at first sight on a guy since he found and accepted himself.

Let's go over to the other guys perspective. His name will be Will Turner, and yes, I know it's from Pirates of the Caribbean, just go along with it, I'm not good at making up names. So, Will came here on account of his friend asking to come and visit her while she works, he didn't understand why until he saw the cute tall guy at the register.

'Damn you, Hannah!' Will thought as he made his way to the register.

'Damn you, Hannah!' Was the exact same thought running through Nathan's head as the guy made his way to the register. The register Nathan was running. Nathan put on his customer service smile, pushing up his glasses, but his blush refused to go away.

"Hello! Welcome to Starbucks, what can I get you?" Will was caught off guard by his cheery voice, it was actually higher than he thought it would be. That combined with the blushing that he's definitely doing just made him more cute, Will gave him a charming smile back and ordered his drink. His friend, Hannah, finally came out to the counter and took the order, leaving Will and the cute guy, who he found out was named Nathan because of his employee tag, to talk.

"So...what's your type?" Will asked, Nathan, in response, sputtered out fractions of sentences that didn't make sense at all. Will lets out a short laugh, Nathan was really easy to fluster.

"I'm teasing, I mean your book type - or genre." Nathan calms down at that clarification and answers the question.

"Mostly fantasy related stories. Si-fi as well, is pretty interesting, and I'd say a few romance or horror novels, only by specific authors though." So Nathan is the kind of guy to rant and go on and on about things that he loves, it's cute.

"How could you tell I read?" Nathan asks, Will smirks in response.

"Well, for one thing, the book that's tucked in between the cabinet and the wall behind you, plus the glasses," Will is gonna do it, he's going to show his interest, "a good looking guy such as yourself wouldn't need them unless you've been reading since childhood." He complimented Nathan. But how will he take it? Will he take it as friendly or as Will making a move? Is he even attracted to guys?

While Will was contemplating, the only thing going through Nathan's head was 'I'm so gay. I'm so gay. I'm so gay.' repeatedly. Should he compliment Will back (he got Will's name when he ordered) or will he say he said that in a friendly way? Just then Will's drink was ready, he thanked Hannah, took it, and left, but not before saying a farewell to Nathan.

"Hope you'll be here next time I come around. See you later." And then Will left. Hannah immediately went to teasing Nathan, not taking it far at all, just playful.

————————————————————————

Will did see more of Nathan when he came back, he started visiting more frequently just to talk to the cute cashier. He actually came around so often that Nathan has his drink order memorized. One day they were at the counter, talking as usual, when Hannah had enough of watching them having crushes on each other and doing nothing about it.

"Oh my gooood! Just go on a date already!" She groaned out, placing Will's drink in between them. There was a minute of awkward silence between them both as they stared at the drink, then Nathan let out a cough and was about to speak, but Will beat him to it.

"So...do you want to go on a date? I mean, you don't have to, and if you're not attracted to guys that's cool, I didn't mean to-"

"Yes, umm, ye - yeah, I'd like that." Nathan cut him off with a shy smile, Will gave a happy smile as well.

————————————————————————

Nathan was somewhat nervous for this date, okay, he was really nervous. They decided to go to Red Robin's (yummmm....sorry) and there were so many aspects to worry about. He dressed in something a little extra, but casual, he decided to wear a button down shirt with some jeans and his nice pair of sneakers. Nathan's doorbell rang and he rushed to get it. When he opened it Will was standing there in his yellow sweatshirt and some leggings, he even brought Nathan a cute pink flower, but upon taking it when Will gave it, Nathan found out it was plastic.

"I didn't know if you were allergic to flowers or not, so I thought a plastic one would suffice instead. And it doesn't die, so that's a bonus." Nathan laughs a little in response.

"That's true. Thanks, Will." Nathan even blushed saying Will's name, he truly is a gay disaster.

"Shall we go?" Will asked, holding out his arm, despite being shorter than Nathan he's the guy that's the escort and the guy that pays. Nathan takes his arm and they go over to Will's car and Will drives to the restaurant.

————————————————————————

It turns out the date went very well, both chowed down on the bottomless fries with no shame and they talked and had a really good time. Nathan gushed about it to Hannah, who squealed and aww'd at every moment. They had a few more dates until they finally became boyfriends, and the moment Hannah suggested they should go on a date was the last time either of them thought "Damn you, Hannah".

1022 words

Time done: 11:15 P.M., June 1, 2020

I'm so sorry this was bad!! As I've said before, I'm not really good with originality! But I can at least say I tried it, and I'm sorry I got this out so late!! I told myself I'd write it and be done with it, but I'm really horrible at commitment when it comes to things like writing. I wish I wouldn't procrastinate so much, but I doooo and it's really annoying!! Anyway, I hope you guys liked this, and I hope you have a wonderful day/night!!

Love you all~
Xxx