AROMANTIC!!!

Where are all my fellow Aromantics at?! I'm right here!! Anyways, enjoy this short story!

Princess Ivy had a wonderful life, she had a nice large room, a beautiful horse down at the stables, and kind servants to help her with anything. She had a wonderful life, until she was forced to throw it away. The argument started a few days after her birthday, she was old enough to find a suitor so she wouldn't have to rule the kingdom on her own.

"I told you, I don't like anyone! I'm not capable of feeling romantic attraction!" Ivy yells at her parents, they argue back

"Well, like it or not, you need to get married in order to ascend to the throne!" Her mother argues, her father tries to calm the both of them down.

"Listen, in order to make peace with our enemy kingdom, the prince is coming here and will be staying the night, the next day is your wedding." He calmly explained, trying to ease the tension. Ivy stormed out of the room, knowing she couldn't win this, nothing will change their minds, so she just sat up in her room and sulked. She couldn't stay up there forever though, she was called down by a servant for dinner with the prince. Ivy didn't bother with makeup, she hated that stuff. The dinner was somewhat uncomfortable for everyone, but Ivy was slightly comforted by the fact that the prince didn't want to be there either by the way he glared at his parents. When dinner ended, they were both sent up to seperate rooms in opposite wings.

"I'm not doing this." Ivy mumbled to herself, taking sheets, ripping the fabric, and tying the pieces together. She tied one end of the fabric rope she made to the bed, the other end she tossed out the window, then she began to climb down. As she climbed, she looked around, only to find someone also climbing down a tower opposite of her. It seems her and the prince had the same idea.

"Why are you running as well?" The prince asked, they both met up on the path that led to the entrance of the castle.

"I feel no romantic attraction, and I personally think marriage is pointless if there's no love." The prince nodded in agreement, saying there was already someone he loved.

"Where will you go?" He asked, they were now past the castle gates and walking through the town in the dark.

"I have established a platonic relationship with my friend, she has a cottage in the forest, I'll stay there." Ivy replied, "You?"

"I'll stay at my girlfriends house, it's in the furthest village from my kingdom." The prince responded, no other words were exchanged between them except for farewells when they parted ways.

It took Ivy no time at all to find the cottage, having taken the route many times before, it's no different in the dark. She knocked on the door and a few minutes later, her very tired friend was at the door.

"I need to stay for a while, Bea." She says, her friend let her in, "Thanks, Bumble Bee." Ivy gave her queer platonic partner a forehead kiss, Bea just nodded in response, still too tired to talk.

"Let's go to bed, darling." Ivy said, Bea nodded again. They curled up with each other under the covers, falling into a contempt sleep.

545 words

Time done: 11:55 P.M., June 10, 2020

So, once again, hello all my fellow aromantic people!! I'm sorry this one is so short, I just want to get this out.

Friendly reminder that this is the calendar I'm using! That's all, have a great day/night and please be safe!!

Love you all~
Xxx