Chapter 17

Gia

Today, I wear a little bit different from my usual style. I don't know why but I just feel like I want to change it a bit. I wear a white button-up blouse with a beige knee-length skirt and it matches my brown pump. I usually wear pants to work because it more comfortable and easy to move but I think Lucas makes me like this. I have a meeting with him at noon today and that's mean we're going on lunch together too but of course, my dad will be there too. I look at my reflection in the mirror for the last time and leave the room. 

"Someone is in a good mood or what?" Grayson said as soon as I enter the dining room. 

"I think she's going to act like a proper lady now, I can't believe our little sister is growing up now. Oh! Maybe... she has a boyfriend. That's why she changes her style." Brandon said and I smack his head when I walk behind him and to my seat. "Ouch! Gia you-"

"Okay, everyone, we're having breakfast now. So please," My mom shut him up and I stuck my tongue out to him. "By the way, it is true?" My mom suddenly asks.

"True what?"

"You have a boyfriend? How come I didn't know? Am I the only one who didn't know that my daughter finally got a new boyfriend?" She said with full of drama.

"Mom, chill, if I do, you will be the first person I tell. For now, I'm not having one yet." I reply and she nods her head and continues to eat.

*****

I feel super nervous and I don't even know why. Maybe because I'm going to meet Lucas in just two hours. That night incident keeps replying in my mind and I can't stop smiling whenever I think about it. It makes me so happy and I can't believe we actually kissed! That is super crazy. I think Lucas already softly open his heart and accept me in his life. Who knows but I can't rely on it too much or else, I will so heartbroken if he's back with his cold attitude towards me. "Okay, Gia, you have plenty of works in front of you. Keep focus and stop thinking about nonsense things." I said to myself and continue to do my work.

Just then, my phone ring and it's my dad calling me. "Yes, dad," I answer.

"Regarding our lunch meeting today, Niall will be joining the meeting with me."He said.

"Hm? What do you mean? So, we're going together or..."

"Since Niall will be joining, I think you can go and have lunch with your friends today. Besides, it is a 'boring' meeting. I know you don't like this kind of meeting especially during lunch." Excuse me? I like it if there's Lucas at that meeting. I don't care how long the meeting is.

"But, dad-" He cut my sentence.

"Alright, I call you just to let you know. Enjoy your lunch, sweety." With that, he hangs up and leaving me speechless. Wait, that's mean I won't be meeting Lucas and that's means, he won't see how I look today. I dress up for him but it's not happening. 

I sigh.

I try to make myself busy with work so that I won't think about it. 

Lunchtime

"Busy?" I look up and see Jack standing at the door. "Hello? Are you there?" He waves at me and I didn't even realize that I am zoned out.

"Oh, no no I'm not that busy, I'm going to stop for now and go to lunch now by the way," I said and he nods his head. "Why are you here?"

"I want to have a lunch with you of course, are you okay? Why you look like you lose a lottery?"

"I'm okay, wait I finish this up, and then we're good to go," I said and quickly finish my work. "Okay, I'm done. Let's go." I said taking my phone and handbag.

"Since when you wear like this?" He asks me.

"Why is everybody asking me like I never wear like this? I mean I wear like this but not too often but still, I wear it because I am still a woman. I love to wear like this and from now on, I ill wear like this every day and no one can ask me why and why over and over again." 

"Woah, relax sis, I just ask. I'm sorry then." 

"No, I am sorry. I know I shouldn't throw all to you. It's just I'm not in a good mood since two hours ago." I explain and get in the car. The drive is quiet and I know Jack is letting me cool myself down before he can say something. Jack is the only one who really, really understand me. He knows what to do if I'm not in a good mood and even know how to cheer me up when I'm sad. He's really the best brother I could ever ask. After we arrive, we get in and the waiter brings us to the empty table. 

"What would you like to eat?" The waiter asks.

"I take a fettuccine Alfredo and orange juice," Jack said.

"Give me Caesar salad and apple juice," I said and give the menu back to the waiter. I look up at my phone hoping there's a notification from anyone but it is empty just like my feeling right now. I don't know why I fell this way as I've been so broken not to be able to go for the meeting.

"Want to tell me what is wrong with you?" Jack asks.

"I don't know where to start. It just complicated and even more complicated to say in words." 

"Let me guess, it is about Brandon and Grayson?"

"No, they didn't do anything wrong. It's because I can't follow dad to his lunch meeting with Lucas." I tell him and he chuckles. "I know it sounds so nonsense but you know how eager I am to meet Lucas and I eve dress like this to impress him."

"You have lot of time to meet him. You can meet him tomorrow, weekend and maybe tonight? Ask him or dinner if you really want to meet him that bad." 

"Nah I'm going to pass that idea. I don't want to look so desperate. I want to play it cool too."

"You already look desperate, Gia. The moment you start to send him a text and send him food and even asked him to eat with you. You already did." He's right but that was before. I'm not going to do such a thing anymore. Then, our food arrives. "I have to go to Hawaii tomorrow because I have worked there and I think I'm going to bring my wife too. Well, it's been a while since me and her going for a holiday as a couple, right?"

"Hold up, what about your son?"

"You have to babysit him, of course. I will send them tonight and don't worry, I told dad and he's agreed to it."

"Agree to what?" I ask and take a sip of my juice.

"About you taking a few days to leave and take care of my son. I know it will be okay for you because this is not the first time you take care of him. At least you can rest from work and have fun."

"You think I am a babysitter? I am not, Jack. I think you should-"

"I will buy you something in Hawaii. Hm?"

"Excuse me? I can buy by myself,"

"Pleaseeee,"

"Fine, fine. It is because you always help me and cheer me up whenever I need it." I said and he smiles at me. So that's mean, I have to take a baby for a few days. Sure, I can do this. Taking care of Bentley is super fun to be honest because he is cute and I love him of course.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

How's chapter 17?

don't forget to

vote

comment

share

*****

Much love from me

Hyemmong