Chapter 38

Gia

So, in all fairy tale stories, it will have a happy ending and I think this is my happy ending. Even though I don't know what will come and face us but for now, I feel happy that I finally get back with my love, Lucas Santiago. I don't know how to express my feelings but all I can say that I cannot stop smiling when he expresses his love for me. I love him with all my might right now. I don't think I can live without him anymore. I need him by my side just like he needs me in his life too. A few days ago, he propose me to be his girlfriend in a romantic way. The way he confessed and the way he looks at me with his eyes and the way he did everything that time makes me grateful that I never give up on him.

*****

He's been quiet for two days now. I don't know why but every time I called him or texted him, he always said he is busy and It looks like he's been avoiding me. I keep thinking if I did something wrong to him or said something I didn't even realize. I went to his office too but he's not there even at lunchtime and I even ask his assistant but no used because he didn't want to tell me where is he. "Hey dad, are you have a meeting with Lucas?" I called my dad to ask if he's with my dad but it turns out he's not. "No, I just wondering where is he, alright, talk to you later," I said and end the call.

I went home and do my night routine to get ready for bed. I am tired of working and even thinking about this guy. He won't be cheating on me or anything right? Besides, Elizabeth is not here anymore. She's gone for good.

"Knock knock," I turn my head to the door and see Jack.

"Jack!" I say and running to hug him. It's been a while since I talk to him because he is super busy lately. "I miss you so much!" I said and look at him.

"I know, that is why I am here to meet you, I didn't bother you right?"

"You never bother me," I said.

"Want to chill at the backyard?" I nod my head and we walk to the kitchen to grab some snacks and drinks. We sit at the table in the backyard. Luckily, it's not that cold and it is good to have some chilly air tonight. "So, I heard my sister is going to go back with her 'ex'," I look at him and I can't believe he actually called Lucas as my ex. Well, yeah I know he is but it just feels weird when someone just said he is my ex. I never get back with any of my exes before and this is my first time.

"It's complicated, but it turned out we still have a feeling for each other. So, yeah we decided to make this okay again, but you know he's been acting quite weird these two days. It looks like he's been ignoring me and I don't know why," I said and he let out a chuckle. "You find it's funny?" I ask.

"No, no I'm not. It's just you can't expect him to be free for you. He's a businessman and he runs a big company, so, it's not weird if he's been busy. You need to understand that," Jack said and maybe he's right. I shouldn't be so selfish to expect him to make time for me. "By the way, I-" He got cut off by his phone. He makes a gesture telling me that he wants to answer it. I give him a nod and he walks quite far from me. It looks like he didn't want me to listen to his phone call. It must be something that he won't let me know. It's almost 10 pm. I don't think it his client or something about work. I wonder what it is.

After a few minutes, he comes back and I look at him with raised eyebrows. "Do you want to go shopping tomorrow?" He suddenly asks. I look at him weirdly.

"Huh? Jack, you never ask me if I want to go shopping or something like this, out of a sudden. Tomorrow is Wednesday and you expect me to go to the mall and ditch my work or what?"

"Nothing, it's just I want to be a good brother and company you to shopping or buy you something nice," He's really acting weird too right now.

"I'm good, and you already being a good brother to me, Jack. No need to do all that," I said and he just gives me a nod. I take my soda and drink it. I don't know what is in his head right now. Men are unpredictable.