Chapter 23

Gia

I am excited to give Lucas taste the food that I cooked. I made him pasta because I know he loves it. I drive to his company as usual and walk inside the building. After I arrive at his office, I open it because he said that I can just open it without knocking it. When I open it, I see him still doing his work and look so serious. "So busy," I said and smile at him but he looks at me then look at his laptop back. I walk to him and see his desk is so messy and it's so unusual. He always keeps his desk arrange and clean. I wonder what happened today. "I brought you food and this makes by me. I cooked it, you should try it," I said take out the food from the paper bag and put it in front of him. I arrange the paper that been scattered on his desk for him and wait for him to eat.

"I'm not hungry," He said in a cold tone and focus on his laptop once again.

"Are you okay? You look stressed out," I said and walk to give him a little massage on the shoulder. Niall has always been this stress too and I always give him a massage and it always helps. He feels much better and thank me. "You need to-" 

"Can you leave me alone!?" He shouted at me and that's really shocked me. I never see this side of him and this is my first time. "I need to be alone now, so please leave now and take your food because I don't have any appetite," He said but I didn't move because I am still shocked from his sudden outburst. "I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE! GO!" He shouts once again and this time louder than before and he throws the food in front of him. I feel the tears already swelling in my eyes and fall on my cheeks. I put lots of effort into that food but he just throw it away and that makes me sad. I walk to the food and clean that up for a bit then walk out from his office. I throw the food into the bin and cry. I couldn't believe what he just did. 

Okay, I understand he is stressing out but at least he don't have to shout at me and throw the food like that. It's hurt my heart and he doesn't even feel guilty after that. I cried and stare at his door hoping he will open it and comes to me but I guess he's not. I walk out from the lift and walk like I don't have the strength anymore. I know my face looks terrible now but luckily, it's lunchtime, that's means there's no much stuff here. "I'm sorry," I said immediately when I bump into someone.

"Don't you have eyes?" She said with an angry tone. I look up and see it's Elizabeth who is wearing quite formal clothes. What is she doing here? I look at her from head to toe and raised my eyebrow. "Oh, it's you. Looks like we keep meeting each other quite often. It makes my eyes hurt," She said.

"Whatever," I said and try to walk away from her. I don't have any strength to talk back to her. I just want to go back to my office and trying to forget about the incident earlier. She stops me from walking by standing in front of me. "What do you want?" I ask in annoyance.

"Hold on, are you... are you crying?" She asks and laughs out of nowhere. Crazy. "It's still lunchtime but you already going? Let me guess, do you had a fight with Lucas? Oh my god, isn't it good news for me?" She said and looks so happy when she knows I and Lucas is having an argument. 

"Can you go away?!" I shout at her. I lost my temper at her and she seems shocked at first but then smirks at me. 

"Why would I? I work here now, you don't have any power to tell me to go away. I think you're the one who should get lost from here, you don't have any reasons to be here anyway," She said and that really gets on my nerve. I did what I really want to since the beginning. I slapped her hard on her right cheeks. 

"You deserve that," I said. I am now feeling quite satisfied that I can do the thing that I really want. 

"How dare you?!" She screams and I walk away from her not wanting to see her face anymore. 

"Hey! you bitch, you stop right there!" She said but I just keep on walking until I arrive at my car. 

She works here? how's funny is that? There's a lot of other companies in New York yet she still wants to work in the same building with my boyfriend! I can't let her steal my boyfriend and she can never take him. Never! I work so hard to be with Lucas and she cannot just ruin it ll just like that. 

Hold on, I met her here two days ago and she said she's going to meet Lucas, that is means Lucas is the one who gave her this job? But why? Why he gives her a job in his company when he said he hates her and doesn't want to see her anymore? Why is he helping her? Does he still have feelings for her? She is his first love anyway. 

Why Lucas? I need an explanation to all of this. 

Just when I'm zoning out in my car, my phone ringing makes me back to my sense. I look at it and it's my dad. "Hello, dad," I said after I pick it up.

"Gia, your mom," He said and stop.

"What's wrong with her, dad? Is anything happened to her?" I ask and my heart starting to beat so fast. 

"Sh-she got into accident..."

________________________________________________________________________________

I feel so bad for Gia right now :(

Click that little star to make Gia smile soon.

Leave a comment on what you think of chapter 23.

*****

Much love from me

Little munchkins