Chapter 32

Lucas

I don't know what I did wrong to Gia. She's been keeping her distance from me and I don't like that. I want her to be close to me like we used to. I don't want her to be far from me again because I can't stand that. This one year has taught me lots about her and I think it is enough time for me to decide to make her my girlfriend again. Yes, I've been thinking about it lately but I just so scared to ask her. I am scared of rejection. I thought this one year will be enough for both of us to know the heart of each other and will have to start a new chapter of our relationship. Our previous relationship was failed because we barely know about each other. We only know each other for a few months and decided to be in a relationship. I thought it will fine but that's not.

I was going to ask her during dinner that we're supposed to be last night but everything was ruined by Elizabeth. Last night was supposed to be a romantic dinner and happy night for me and Gia but it's not happening like I want it to be. I miss the opportunities and now Gia keeps ignoring my call and texts. She said that she was busy but I know the fact that she won't be busy during lunch. I should not be too close to Elizabeth if I know she will be the obstacle of me getting Gia back. I helped her because I am tired of holding a grudge towards her and I thought she moved on from me. I guess I was wrong again. She still has a feeling for me and she planned all this to get back with me. It makes me believe that she is changed and just wants to befriend only but I was wrong.

I don't know why I've so dumb and didn't even realize all of this? It's been a year passed and all this time I didn't realize that Elizabeth already planned all this to make me and Gia never back together. I need to ask Gia why is she ignoring me the whole day today. I take my phone and called Gia.

Declined

I try again.

Declined

This is weird. She won't decline my call unless she is mad at me. I put my phone back on the table and think about what I did wrong to her but I got nothing. I don't remember saying anything to make her mad yesterday. She only excused herself and that's it.

*****

A week later

Guess what?

Gia still ignoring me while Elizabeth keeps annoyed me like usual. I don't know why Elizabeth keeps getting hurt these days. She always called me and said that she hurt her hands or head or ankle or her son is sick.

"Mr. Santiago, your clients are here," My assistant said.

"Send them in," I said and get ready for my next meeting.

After two hours, the meeting is finally over. "We looking forward to being working together with you, Mr. Santiago." One of the clients said and shakes hands. "We'll get going now," They walk out of my office and I look at the time, it is 7:56 p.m. I feel my body is tired now and decided to finish my work a bit more and then go home.

*****

Gia

It's weird when I actually tried to move on from Lucas. It's funny for me but guess what I tried that hundredth time but failed.

What should I do? I can't forget him, I love him...

Today is Sunday, I decided to go and strolling the city alone. I am wearing a green eyelet midi dress and wear cream sandals. I curl my hair a bit and apply some makeup. After I'm all done, I smile at myself in the mirror. "You're beautiful," I said to myself and chuckles. Then, I grab my bag and put everything I need in it.

"I'm going out!" I said to let my dad and brothers know.

"With who? Lucas?" My dad asks.

"Um, no. I'm going out alone. He's probably busy with work even on Sunday. I'll see you later. Bye dad," I said give him a hug and kiss on the cheek. I left the house and drive away.

I went to the mall to buy new clothes even though I have tons of them but why not add some new collection to it. It's been a while since I go and pamper myself like this. I like shopping but work makes me busy to think about it. I am finally got some time to myself. I park my car at the empty spot and then get out of it. I look around and see there are quite lots of people here because today is Sunday, of course. I walk into the mall and start my shopping spree.

After I bought three dresses, four blouses, and a few pants, I finally decided to take a rest. Who knows shopping is actually tiring. Especially when you're alone and no one to talk to. I take a seat on the empty bench and take out my phone. Wait, why I take out my phone? It's not like I have anyone to call right now. I put it back in my bag and continue walking around. Then, my phone actually ringing. I stop walking and take my phone out. It's some number that I don't save. I pick up because who knows it will be an important call. "Gia Florence talking," I said.

"G-Gia, Help m-me. Please..." Hm? Who is this?

"I'm sorry but who are you?" I ask. This person knows my name means that I know her.

"It's me, Elizabeth. I-I need your help now. Please come to my house, please." What the-

"Hold on, what's going on?" I ask getting impatient here.

"I-it's b-bleeding, help!" She said and my eyes went wide.

"Okay, okay I come now. Send me your address and I will be there." I said and quickly exit the mall. I don't know what is going on now but it looks like she's in a bad condition. After she sends me the location, I drive there immediately. I stop my car in front of her house and run towards the door but it's not close. I walk inside and find her. "Elizabeth! Where are you?" I shouted her name and looking for her. Then when I walk into the kitchen, I see her standing there looking just fine."You said you were bleeding, what is going on here?" I ask confused when I see her there completely fine.

"Oh, I will now," She said and smirk at me. She grabs the wine glass on the counter. "You see this? This will help my plan." She said and grab for more glass. I was so confused about what did she mean but then, I finally got it. She's going to smash the glass to her head but why?

"Don't be crazy, Elizabeth! Put that down now," I said but she just smirks at me. "You're going to hurt yourself!"

"I don't care, as long as I get what I want," She said then smash the glass to her head makes the glass broke in pieces and her head bleeding. She tried and grab for more but I run towards her and grab the glass from her preventing her to smash more glass to her head. This woman is a psycho!

"No! stop whatever you're thinking you're doing!" I said and raise my arm with that glass.

"Stop! please stop! It's hurt!" She suddenly said and act like I was going to smash this glass to her. "Gia, I know you're mad at me but this is not the solution!" She said crying. This woman seriously need a treatment.

"Bu-" I was cut off by one and only, Lucas Santiago.

"What is going on here?!"

________________________________________________________________________________

oh-uh what will happen to Gia?

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment

*****

Much love from me

Little munchkins