01 | infaustus

I've been standing here for twenty freakin' minutes. I'm about to lose my patience and I'm thinking of just leaving Beomgyu behind.

I scrolled over my phone to see some updates about my faves ‐BTS. And yes, I'm excited to hear that they're coming back to take my money again, and I ain't even complaining.

"Hey, choding!" I gritted my teeth as I turned around to face Beomgyu who just called me as a middle-schooler. I immediately grabbed his collar and-

"Woah, easy there. I spent glorious amount of time fixing my uniform and for you to just to do that is so so so nah-uh," he gestured both his hands, waving in front of my face.

"I wasted my glorious amount of time just to wait for you don't you dare make that face in front of me," I pushed him and started walking to the bus stop.

He caught up quick and rested his arm on my head. I elbowed him and hit his side stomach. He puffed in pain, just in time the bus arrived and I hopped in. I sat at the back. Beomgyu came and sat beside me.

Why am I friends with him again?

-

"Ya! We have to run, we're late!" I told him and grabbed his wrist and started running. I heard him chuckle a bit and he switched my hand to hold his. If you think this is kind of a romantic scenes like you see in dramas, it's better to think again.

"YAAA!! CHOI BEOMGYU!! SLOW DOWN!! MY LEGS ARE NOT LONGFFSGHSHDHSJSJ!!"

We both panted as we arrived at the school gate‐no, actually, it was only me who was catching for my breath. I feel like drowning.

I slapped his back. "Are you insane?! I thought I was going to break my leg!"

"You said we have to run."

"Yeah but not run run!"

"Should I have left you behind then?"

"Well, if you didn't try to 'get pretty' and went out twenty minutes earlier, then we didn't have to run."

"I was expecting to hear a 'thank you' but I get rants instead. It's not my fault that your legs are short."

My mouth formed into an 'O'. "So should I blame my parents then?"

"If you did morning stretches and exercises and slept well and drank your milk when you were a child then maybe you're not that short."

This guy is really getting into my nerves. And look, he's sticking his tongue out. Is he a kid?!

"What's the ruckus all about?" I turned around and saw Taehyun approaching us.

"Don't point at me you little shit. I'm watching you," I warned Beomgyu.

"Says the giant one," he said sarcastically.

Before I could hit Beomgyu again, Taehyun went in between us. "There you go again bickering like cat and dog," Taehyun sighed. "When will you two stop fighting?"

"Until he stops calling me a middle-schooler."

"Oh, are you not? Where's your mom, choding?"

"Choi Beomgyu you son of a-"

Taehyun grabbed my backpack and dragged me away from Beomgyu. I can no longer hold back, I could really kill Beomgyu. He's so annoying!!!

We arrived at our classroom and thank goodness I'm five seats away from Beomgyu. I don't want to sit beside him.

"Everyone, attention! I need everyone's attention please!" I lifted my head up as our class president called. He's holding his infamous stick again. Here we go with the announcements.

Everyone went silent.

"Okay, good. I have an announcement for all of you. This came from the faculty," he held out a paper in front of us but of course I can't see a font-size-12 letter in this distance, like duh. "I'll rearrange your seats-"

NOOO!!!

"-as what our adviser told me. If you have questions or clarifications, please don't hesitate to approach me."

I don't have questions as long as Beomgyu is sitting faaaaaaaar away from me. I turned to his direction and I caught him wiggle his eyebrows at me. That is so disgusting.

"Aww, I wish I could sit next to Beomgyu," someone at my back said.

"It would be your great chance to get closer to him," her partner replied.

It's not my first time to hear girls falling over Beomgyu. Why do they like him tho? He's annoying.

Now that I thought about it, he is so nice and fine with other people. Does he hold grudges against me? I didn't even do anything and here he goes insulting me and calling me names. What an asshole.

"What happened to the chocolate you made for him?" her partner asked again.

If this is an animation, my ears are drawn as big as an elephant's ear right now. I'm curious too, you know.

"I.. I didn't give him."

"What? Why?"

Yeah! Why!

"I was so shy, okay? What if he'd reject it?"

"But you made it. He would never reject it. He's a nice guy."

I puffed a laugh and felt that they were staring at me right now. I immediately turned to face them. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to hear-"

"Geez, Aeji. Just because you're close to Beomgyu, doesn't mean that you'll laugh at Eunbyeol."

"No, I wasn't laughing at her. I'm sorry," Damn, his name always gets me in trouble.

"Then what are you laughing at?" she asked once more.

"The thing you said about Beomgyu being nice. I'm sorry, really," I answered lowering my head.

"Well, then," Eunbyeol started talking to me, "Help me with Beomgyu."

What?

"If you're really sorry, help me get closer to him."

What should I say? Should I just give Beomgyu away? Well, anyways he always annoys me. Better be that he's busy with other stuff so I could have my peace.

"You want to get closer to me?"

I flinched when I heard Beomgyu's voice. When did he arrived here? And my seatmate is gone!!

"Ya! What are you doing here!?" I asked him and slapped his shoulder.

He flicked my forehead and I heard the sound of his finger bone hit my skull. "Ouch that hurts! What was that for?"

"That is for not listening to the president. He's rearranging our seats," he answered and he flicked me again on the same spot. Like seriously?!

"What the-"

"And that is for giving me away."

"The fuck are you talking about?"

He rested his head on his arms on the desk and closed his eyes. He's my seatmate? Why am I the unluckiest person in this planet?