08 | novum amicum

"Umm, who is this?" Beomgyu asked referring to the new guy.

We're in a korean restaurant right now and we have a pretty nice budget 'cuz we got Yeonjun's clothes for free.

"Oh... Umm," I turned to the guy, "What's your name?"

I could almost see Beomgyu's inner spirit, facepalming at me right now.

"You brought someone you don't know? Are you a shelter- ow!" he whispered and held his side as I elbowed him.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Huening Kai."

"Oh, I'm Aeji."

"Yeonjun."

"Beomgyu."

Huening Kai also told us his age. So, he's younger than us. Why is he so tall? Why am I always asking 'why'? It's not like someone will answer my thoughts.

"I didn't see you earlier in the boutique," Huening Kai said to Beomgyu.

"Oh, I went to buy something," he answered. "So you met at the boutique?"

"Yeah, Aeji-noona fell when a bunch of girls were swarming over this hyung."

"You what?!" Beomgyu turned to face me, "Ya, choding, you love the floor so much?"

"Stop calling me that! It was not my fault okay? Some girls pushed me."

"You could've fought back!"

"It was an accident, okay? I know they didn't mean to push me. Besides, Kai helped me so stop ranting."

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up," Kai said, stroking his nape.

"Don't worry, Huening, they're not fighting," Yeonjun said and smiled at Huening Kai. Ohmygosh what a beaut.

Beomgyu went guilty silent until the food came and he volunteered to grill the meat. We did a few chats and after eating, we parted ways. Huening Kai asked for my number though, but the scene stealer gorilla Beomgyu, gave his instead. Sometimes, I'm really doubting him.

We went straight home, Beomgyu also went back to his house. He's been acting weird lately, but he was always weird so, I don't really mind.

I went to my room and took out the notes that Beomgyu made for me. I read everything and I'm impressed, huh. He made things simpler for me to understand.

Wait, what is this in the corner of the paper?

"Choi Beomgyu, handsome man" ?!?! This is the worst vandalism ever made in all the vandalism history. I sighed in disappointment and continued to study on the lessons that I missed.

"Son of a-! Yeonjun, how long have you been there??!!" I asked him whilst holding my chest. My heart almost ran outside.

He was sitting on the floor beside me and I did not even notice him.

"Since you entered the room?"

I held his wrist and let him sit on the corner of my bed.

"Next time, you knock, okay? It's rude to enter someone's room without permission," I told him.

"It's lonely outside, so I had to follow you."

Why is my heart reacting like this!? I don't even know what to say!

"What are you doing?" he asked and averted his look on my study table.

"Oh, I was reviewing the lessons I missed."

"I want to review, too!"

"But-" I sighed. "You won't understand anything."

His face turned into a frown. Oh no, babie. What did I just do.

"Then, help me understand," he said in almost a pout.

I want to squish you right now, Yeonjun. Totally unnecessary to think of, right now, but it has been a mood lately and I've been just holding myself back.

"I... can't," I said. I can't teach him. I could barely teach myself then I'll teach him? I couldn't even instruct someone how to make a paper origami boat. It'll make no sense if I teach him.

"Why?"

Because I'm dumb, Yeonjun, don't make me say it. I remained silent because I don't know how to respond to that question he just threw.

"Why are you so small?"

Aight, hold me, I'm gonna flip him over.

"Excuse me, what?"

He pointed at me. "You, why are you so small?"

"Is that supposed to be an insult?"

One minute I adore him, another minute he makes my blood boil.

He shook his head, "It makes me feel like I want to protect you."

And suddenly, it's summer in my room. Don't tell me that my face is tomato red right now? I can feel the heat on my face. Calm down, you stupid hormones.

He went closer to me. I'm nervous, I want to move my body away but it ain't moving an inch.

"Your nose is small too," and he moved away from my face.

He's teasing me! Ahh!!!!! I wanna go stupid aaaah!!! Go crazy!! Aaaaah!!!! Go stupid waAaaA!!! gO CraZy aHHh!!!!!

I rolled my eyes and went back to 'studying.' This man right here is messing with my sanity.

I handed him one bag of gummy bears that I was keeping for Beomgyu's tantrums, he could have it for now. I'll just buy Beomgyu another one next time. This Yeonjun man right here needs to behave.

"Ooh what is this?" he asked while slightly squishing a piece of the jelly.

"It's called a gummy bear."

I raised a brow when he started to pour the bag on my table.

"Hello there," he said while holding a piece of gummy bear on his right, "Hey earthling," he added while holding it on his other hand. Now, what the fuck?

"Um, what do you think are you doing?" I asked him.

He turned at me as if I said something wrong.

"You're supposed to eat that, like this," I got a piece and shove it right into my mouth. His eyes widened as I continue to chew the gummy bear.

"No!! You monster!!" he said, almost crying and held the two gumny bears in his chest.

"It's food!!"

"No!! It's friends!! You don't eat friends!!"

Wait, I heard that somewhere before...

"Just try eating it!"

"No!"

"Ah! Just try it!!"

"Nooo!!"

"But it's food!!!"

"Noo..."

"Okay, I won't force you, but I'm telling you it's delicious."

I returned back to my notes while keeping an eye at him. He, who does not eat gummy bears, is not fitted to be crowned as a ruler of the gummy kingdom.

He was smelling the gummy bear before putting it in his mouth, eyes closed. When he started to chew, I just chuckled and continued reading.

That should hold him for a while.

"Gimme some more of these."