03 | captivus

I wanted to go back to sleep but I was too scared. I don't want to wake up my aunt 'cuz I know she's exhausted. And there's no way I could interrupt Taehyun's sleep just to listen to what I'll say nor call Beomgyu and just bicker with him.

I guess I'll have to do it myself. I've watched a good number of movies and they've taught me a lot. So now, since I don't have any powers, I'll stick with the manual way of holding a captive.

I'm always ready, but I lack proper resources, so I got my three  jump ropes and tied the guy. I tied both of his arms at his back, also his feet, and his body. I studied a lot of tying knots so all those tutorials should not fail me.

He's still unconscious, but I don't want him to wake up.

I wanted to sleep but who knows what he'll do to me while I'm sleeping. It's still 2am and I badly wanna go to sleep. Four hours of sleep is still precious.

Should I just call the cops then?

Oh, why didn't I think of that earlier? Stupid me haha. I grabbed my racket, in case of emergency, and went closer to him. He's so handso- No, Aeji. He's a perverted thief. Remember that!

What was he doing in my closet anyways? By any chance, do I possess any hidden rubies that I never thought I had, this entire existence of mine? No, impossible. I flipped over my closet for thousands- hundreds of time and I could not even find a single lost penny. Ruby my foot.

I turned to look at the glowing numbers on my clock on my desk. It's almost 4am. I guess I'll just kiss my sleep goodbye. To the hours that I lost and the dreams I missed, you will always be remembered.

I suddenly shifted to my fighting stance (you know like the game in arcades). He grunted as he slowly opens his eyes.

Our eyes met and then he noticed that he was tied. He squiggled on the floor, attempting to escape from my knots. I guess, it was too tight.

"Waengwing woingwaeng waengiwang!"

What. The. Fuck?

Is he retarded or something? What is he saying? My ass is laughing out. He sounds so cute but nO! He may be dangerous.

"Don-Don't move! Or I'll hit you with my racket!" I said while getting ready to hit him.

He squinched as if he was scared and squirmed his way to the corner of the room. Can someone explain to me why is he acting like that? He literally came out of my closet then he has the guts to act scared? Well, you've come to the wrong house, pervert.

Just because I'm small doesn't mean I can't fight and beat the hell out of you.

I got my pepper spray and held it out near his face. He shivers in fear the closer I get to him.

"I won't hurt you if you explain," I said but I didn't let go of my spray.

Aeji you just hit him with a racket and fell unconscious. He must be traumatized. Well, it's not my fault he trespassed.

His lips trembled as he attempts to speak. Does he even know how to speak?

"I-" he gulped, "-I'm sorry."

He has a nice voice- Aeji, focus.

"Can you explain what were you doing inside my closet at 2am?" I asked in full authority. No, I'm just acting tough, the truth is my dermises are shaking.

"I didn't mean to get teleported in your room at 2am."

What? T-Teleport?

"Excuse me? Are you crazy? Or am I crazy?" Why am I asking him that.

He sighed.

"Look, it may sound crazy but-" he sighed again, "-can you loosen the knot? my blood is not circulating anymore."

"What if you'll get away?"

"I won't escape, I promise. I'll explain. Just... Just loosen the knot please."

I had no choice but to slightly loosen the knot. If he gets injured, I would be pointed as a suspect and not the victim.

"Explain."

"I'm not from here," he started. "I came from a planet far from this planet. And this key here-" he pointed at the necklace with his chin, "-takes me to places."

I don't believe him.

"So, assuming I believe you, why the hell did you come out from my closet?"

"I don't know."

"Aight, I'm calling the cops-"

"Please don't! If you do, they'd disect me and use me as an experiment."

"Scientists do the experiments and cops capture criminals, okay? You get my point here?"

"I'll show you."

"Show what?"

He stared at me and of course, it wasn't long 'cuz I averted my gaze. I took off all the jump ropes and helped him get up. I feel kinda sorry hitting him hard on the head though.

It was a defensive move, okay? I'm innocent, your honor.

He took off his necklace and we went in front of my closet. He placed the key in the keyhole and twisted it. How on earth did his key fit on my closet door?

He pulled the door and-

A sudden knock was heard from my door. I flinched and mistakenly got the key and pushed the guy back to my closet.

"Aeji, are you awake?"

I opened the door and saw my aunt half asleep.

"Yes, auntie?"

"Sweetie, I need to go early. My flight has been moved earlier today. I guess I'd see you again soon. I'll keep in touch, okay? Call me if you need anything."

I hugged my aunt and she went back to get ready. I also went back to check on the guy.

I opened my closet and saw him sitting down like a kid.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Where's the key?"

The key?

"I was holding it... a minute... ago..." fuck. Where did it go?

"Waengshi," I heard him mumble.

"Was that Chinese?"

"Did you drop it?"

"No, I was holding it."

"Then where is it?"

My phone rang suddenly and saw my aunt's name on the screen, so I answered it.

"Auntie?"

[Sweetie, I'm sorry I haven't said goodbye. The car already arrived and I'm almost late for the flight.]

"It's okay, Auntie. Have a safe trip. See you soon."

[Yeah, you too, honey. Oh by the way, I saw you left me a cute necklace with a key pendant. You cute little kid, you should've handed it over to me rather than secretly putting it in the pajama pocket. What if I didn't see it? Haha. Thank you. You're so sweet.]

Oh no.