05 | oblitus

"Aeji-noona, why the long face?" Taehyun asked.

"Aaagh! I don't wanna talk about it!" I spouted while grabbing the ends of my hair.

Beomgyu placed a banana milk on my desk, but I don't even care. Hmp, asshole.

"What happened?" Taehyun asked him instead.

"She just fell asleep on someone's shoulder because she was too shy to rest on mine."

I grabbed his necktie and pushed him back. I don't want to waste more energy. I'm tired.

"Speak all you want, Beomgyu. I'm not fighting back," I said with my face buried on the desk.

The next thing I knew, I was lying on a bed in the school clinic. Did I just pass out?

"Good thing, you're awake," Taehyun spoke while reading a book beside my bed.

"What happened? Why am I here? Did you bring me here?" What? I'm curious.

"You fell asleep, obviously. Hyung told the teacher that you were burning hot, not sexually but literally," he said, not breaking his contact with the book.

"He brought you here," he added.

I asked where Beomgyu was.

"He's back in the classroom, probably writing notes for you."

"And you?"

"I don't need to attend class. I've learned it already."

I sometimes wonder how it feels like to be young, smart, and good-looking. I can't even have one.

I even believe that Taehyun is the Chosen One. The moment when talent rained over the city, I was waiting at a shelter. The same happened when it rained intelligence, looks, and height. I was afraid to get hit by the rain, but our special friend here, named Taehyun, embraced everything. No wonder he was accelerated by a year. Pft, my broken brain can't relate.

I got out of the bed and Taehyun assisted me. I told him I'm going back to class. I don't trust Beomgyu's notes.

I peaked out of the classroom window and saw Beomgyu, listening to the lecture and writing down something. I never saw him looked this serious in school. He's wearing his glasses. He hated them though.

Not long after, the bell rang and the teacher went. I entered the classroom and sat beside Beomgyu. He had already kept his glasses.

"Oh choding, you're here. Was the medicine in tablet or syrup?" he's back at teasing me again. Now, I don't feel like being thankful to him.

I rolled my eyes at him and laid down on my desk.

"Noona, if you don't feel well, you can go back to the clinic. I'll go with you," Taehyun offered.

I raised my head and got the lunch bag and placed it on Taehyun's desk.

"You two can share it," I said and went back on resting my head.

Taehyun opened the lunchbox.

"Wow these look delish. I'll eat it well."

"Ya, choding, you didn't mix some love potions here, did you?"

"Ya Choi Beomgyu, if you don't want to eat it then don't. And even if I did, I would've put poison rather than love potion."

"Stop talking, hyung, and just eat. I'll finish these if you don't want," Taehyun said and had a mouthful of kimbap.

"Ya, Kang Taehyun, who told you I won't eat?" Beomgyu took two kimbaps and stuffed them all in his mouth.

I just shook my head. Sometimes I don't get how his brain works or maybe there's just some loose screw in his system. I don't know.

Dismissal came at a blistering pace and the three of us went walking to a nearby convenience store. Beomgyu bought some four packs of instant tteokbokkis, having two servings for each and Taehyun bought two liters of soda.

Are they gonna have a friday tteokbokki night without me? This is the saddest friday ever.

"What are you sulking for?" Beomgyu asked.

"T-tteokbokki..."

"Dumbass, who told you you're not eating. We bought those for you," he flicked my forehead.

"You didn't have to flick me! That hurts!" I jokingly kicked the back of his leg.

Taehyun came with the bag of groceries and we headed straight to my house. I'm feeling kind of excited and my fever went bye-bye. Never knew tteokbokki was a medicine.

"You're feeling better now?" Taehyun asked.

"Mm-hm! Who doesn't feel better with tteokbokkis? Tteokbokkis are friends," I said as I peeled of the wrapper of the cheese sausage.

"You don't eat friends," Beomgyu said with a straight face.

"Yes, but you can kill them," I jumped to reach his neck. Actually, I can reach it normally standing, I'm not that short! I just wanted to be a lil' extra.

We reached the bus stop, just in time as the bus arrives. We all hopped in and stood the whole trip. I feel like I'm in between two tall buildings. This is a whole new level of humiliation.

Suddenly, two arms rested on my shoulder. I glared at them and they both looked at me, confused. Wow! They're confused?!

"What? It's tiring. Make yourself useful," Beomgyu said.

I faced Taehyun who was literally avoiding my eye contact. I can't with these two, but I'll let them go for now. They bought tteokbokkis and even brought me to the clinic.

We got off the bus when we reached our stop. Ah~ It's so nice to go home and have a tteokbokki meal.

We arrived at the house and I opened the gate. Taehyun and Beomgyu are following behind me. When I opened the door, my eyes widened as I remembered that there's a person in my house!

I immediately closed the door and laughed nervously while striking the back of my hair.

"Is there any problem?" Taehyun asked.

"Ah hehe, no, everything's fin-"

"Then why won't you go in!" Beomgyu twisted the knob and-

*insert Kdrama ending scene with sponsors and credits, except, we don't have sponsors*

A lemon-haired guy appeared at the mouth of the door. How should I put this? Taehyun is confused, staring at me. Beomgyu is shocked, staring at Keyboard Smash. Keyboard Smash has his brows furrowed, like a dog when it meets a stranger.

Why did I even forget about him?