04 | nomine

[Yeah, you too, honey. Oh by the way, I saw you left me a cute necklace with a key pendant. You cute little kid, you should've handed it over to me rather than secretly putting it in the pajama pocket. What if I didn't see it? Haha. Thank you. You're so sweet.]

"Ha-ha-ha, Auntie," I took a deep breath before rapidly speaking, "IaccidentallydroppeditI'msosorrybutit'smy
friend'snecklaceandIneedtogiveitback. Auntie, I'll get you a better gift when you get back. Please don't lose it."

[O-oh, is that so? I'm sorry. Okay, okay. Should I ship it back there?]

"No, auntie. I don't trust deliveries, they might keep it for themselves. I'll wait for you to get back. I'll just tell my friend."

[You can just buy your friend another one like this if she really needs this right now.]

"Umm, the thing is, i-it's from her grandma. Yes, from her grandma and it has a value to her so, yeah, she doesn't need a new one. And I think no one sells a necklace like that."

[Okay, sweetie. I promise I'll take good care of this necklace until I get back. Tell your friend I'm sorry if I'll take long.]

"Sure do, Auntie. I'm very sorry for causing this trouble. Stay safe always, okay? Love you."

[You, too, Aeji~ Auntie will give you lots of souvenirs when I get back. I'll bring some for your friends too! Love you, too.]

And the call ended.

I've never been so scared and nervous and annoyed at the same time. My foolishness always gets me in trouble.

I turned around to face the guy. He was a stranger and I was a victim, now the tables have turned and I feel so guilty.

I saw, with my two eyes, a world that I have never seen before. And it's impossible to have that fairy-like forest inside my closet, unless this was Narnia. That key was real and it could really take you to places.

"I'm sorry," I said, lowering my head. "My aunt has it and I accidentally dropped it in her pocket."

"When is she coming back?"

"I don't know. Last time she visited me, it was like six months ago."

"How long is six months?"

Is he serious right now? I don't do the math.

"Half a year?"

I want to smash my head with a coconut right now.

"I don't know how time works in your world but I can't go home until I get my key back."

"So, you're really not from this world?"

He gave me 'the look'. No wonder he's too handsome. No one in this planet looks so angelic like him- no Aeji, cut it out.

"You can stay here for a while. I'm really sorry about what happened."

"It's fine."

Wow. Real quick. Why can't Beomgyu be like him? Nah, number one, he will never be.

We went downstairs and I told him to wait 'cuz I will make breakfast. I normally don't cook breakfast but I need to apologize for this poor guy here and I wanted to clear my name for being such an asshole.

I placed the omelettes on the plate and poured ketchup on it. I also made some kimbaps for lunch, since I'm cooking anyways, and left some for this guy.

I called him over and let him have some.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Wzxvabsgakajgs."

"Sounds like a keyboard smash. Do you have like, umm, an easier name?"

He shook his head. So, what should I call him then? Keyboard Smash? I kinda like it tho.

"I need to get ready for school. Okay, so all you have to do is wait here until I get back, am I clear?"

"What's a school?"

"It's a place where we study and learn new things," not to mention, it is a place where we get all our brain cells murdered. "Don't you have school in your world?"

"Oh, we do. We call that 'wshakduekkz'."

Okay, the fuck?

"So, anyways, I'll be right back. Don't move. I'll just be quick."

I ran upstairs and took a shower and changed to my uniform. I got ready in less than 30 minutes, yes a new record we have here.

My hair is dripping since I didn't use my hair dryer. It's kinda early for school, but you know, I just don't trust this guy here. What if he's a thief?

I went downstairs and found him sitting at the same spot where I left him.

"Hey, keyboard smash, listen up," his attention was focused on me. Aeji, find your center, inhale exhale. I know he's handsome but I need to cut it out.

"I'll be away for a while, okay? Never let anyone get inside the house unless it's me. I'm gonna lock all the doors and gates and if you have any plans of stealing or running away, I'm telling you, this house is loaded of surveillance cameras so I would be able to lock you up behind the bars if you do anything stupid.

Next, don't you ever try to escape or climb the gate. It has a very high voltage that could kill anyone in just a snap. So you better behave inside the house until I get back. The food is also there, I prepared it already. If you get hungry, I'm sorry but you have to wait until I get back."

He just nodded in response. I don't know if he got everything I said but yeah, I'm locking everything just like I usually do. And nope, our gate is not dangerous, it was just a lie and our house isn't loaded with surveillance cameras‐just the exits.

I bid goodbye as I left him inside the house. Do I sound like a kidnapper? How would I know the sound of a kidnapper, I've never been kidnapped nor kidnapped someone.

"Hey choding!" an arm suddenly appeared, resting on the top of my head.

"When will you stop calling me that?" I hissed as I brush off his arms off of my head.

"Until you grow," he stuck his tongue out like a kid.

"Ugh, not today, Choi Beomgyu. I barely had sleep," I said, massaging my forehead

I've wasted a lot more energy than yesterday and I feel sick. I should've went back to bed after I tied up that keyboard smash.

"I'm being a good boy today. Look at me, I'm 30 minutes earlier than yesterday," he said while adjusting his coat.

I want to pass awa- I mean to pass out. My eyes feel like it will jump out of my sockets and go back to bed.

The bus arrived and we both hopped in. I sat at the back, as usual, and closed my eyes. I need to rest even just for a bit.

I woke up with my head rested on a shoulder. My eyes widened as I immediately apologized to the man beside me.

If this ain't the worst day of the month then I don't know what is.