1.5

/ SCARLETT /

lyric-

i wish that i could

wake up with amnesia

--

I never did fall asleep. I'd doze on and off, but the images of that night kept me far from sleep.

Eventually, I got up. No one was in our room. It was past dinner, because I remembered hearing them return. They must've been in the Day Room.

Alli was happy to see me, but Vic just seemed worried. I sat in between them and asked what movie we were watching.

"Fat Albert," Alli replied.

Vic slightly nudged me, reminding me of my promise.

I sighed. "I lied," I whispered. "I never had amnesia. I just didn't want to have to explain what I saw. Let's just say that I found a dead body." I rubbed my leg where the scar from the razor blade was. "I have a scar to remind me of it, and a shoulder that pops."

He didn't respond. He just looked down at me, trying to figure out what to say. "...Show me."

Reluctantly, I pulled my pant leg up to show the scar on my calf. "From a razor blade that was stuck in her leg. I accidentally put my leg on it. But I never moved it because I was too preoccupied with processing what was happening."

I let the fabric fall back down around my leg and looked up only to find Austin looking down at us as if we'd done something. "What?"

"They're gonna get mad at you two for being so close all the time."

"I'm gay." Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa whoa. I didn't even plan on saying that. It just...happened. But it worked.

"Me too," Vic said.

Wait, what? He had to be lying, right? He had to be saying that just to get them off our backs. He had to.

"Oh." Austin left the room, looking somewhat defeated.

What the heck just happened? Okay, I guess we're gay now. Cool.

I'd questioned my sexuality before when I was younger, but I knew that I was straight. And when Vic failed at suppressing a laugh, I knew that he was, too.

--

too much dialogue, ew. i'm not very happy with this part. but whatevs. i gotta come up with some filler chapters, sigh. i'm not good at that, lol. -KawaiiAwaited