2.5

/ VIC /

lyric-

i never wanted

to leave

it all

behind

--

"You're not pressing charges?" I said.

Scarlett shook her head. "No. Do you have any idea how stressful and bothersome a lawsuit is? I don't feel like going through that..."

I sighed. "The hospital is still pressing charges."

She shrugged. "Fine by me, just leave me out of it."

She wasn't as shaken as before. That really worried me. Holding fear back never ended well. She needed to talk it out and get the feelings out of the way, or else it would all cave in on top of her later on.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I said. "It's not good to hide how you're feeling about this. Talk to me, Scarlett."

She rubbed her face and looked at me. "Why didn't I ever notice his odd favouritism before? I could've saved myself from all of this."

"But at least it didn't happen in vain." I gently pushed her bangs out of her face. "Now he's going to suffer the consequences of what he did." I was glad that she didn't flinch at my touch.

She sniffled. "My hips hurt."

"Here, c'mere," I said. I scooted over closer to her and pulled her into my arms. "It's okay. It's over now."

She rested her hands on mine and her head on my shoulder. "How did he know to transfer to long term?"

That was actually pretty strange. I don't even think she knew she'd end up here. So why did he do that?

I shook my head. "I don't know. It's not like you planned to get in here."

Her body tensed slightly. "Well..."

"Scarlett," I said.

"I'm sorry!" She sighed. "I had more than one motive when I pulled that stunt," she whispered. "And you were one of them."