2.0

/ SCARLETT /

lyric-

sunshine,

there ain't a thing

that you can do

that's gonna

ruin my night

--

I felt quite anxious about my little plan. I wasn't sure how I planned on getting into long term. I couldn't do anything so drastic that I might die.

But luckily, I knew exactly how deep to cut if I wanted to die. So I'd get centimetres within the range of death. Crazy but genius, yeah? Maybe. I don't know.

We had to eat in the Day Room again for breakfast. I wasn't hungry, and I'd never been a big fan of breakfast foods anyway. Austin wasn't there. Apparently, he'd been offered a higher position with better pay. They didn't say where he worked now, but I guess it didn't matter to me. I was leaving soon anyway.

"You're getting released today, huh?" Willow said.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"You sad about not getting to see Vic ever again?" Tahlia asked.

I nodded again. "Yeah..."

"Well," Mr. Kelly said, "the point of being here is to get better. Not to find a boyfriend. Or girlfriend. Whatever you're into."

I shot him a glare. "You know what? Kids aren't always just looking for pointless relationships to pass the time. I'm looking for someone who will be there for me and will help me stay better. Sorry if that's not okay."

He just sighed and walked off. I guess he didn't feel the need to bother with me since I was leaving.

Since I already moved out of our room, I had to hang out in the Day Room for about half an hour waiting for my mom to show up. It was extremely boring, to be honest, mostly because I had nothing to do. I literally sat there staring at a blank page in a notebook for half an hour until someone knocked on the doorframe.

-

"I'm so glad you're better, honey." Mom had promised to take me to get pizza since it was close to noon. When she gave me my phone, it felt so strange in my hands. It had only been six days, but it was literally six days without having even seen a cell phone. It was great to have it again.

Sam. I needed to talk to Sam.

It took me forever to finish eating because I kept stopping to text. Sam was happy that I was out, of course, but he wished that he could be here with me. Understandably. I, too, wished that he was here.

"So, do you think you'll be okay to stay home by yourself tomorrow?" Mom asked.

I smiled and nodded. "Yes, ma'am." Perfect.

It took me a while to process what was happening. Well, more so what had happened. I was just released from a mental hospital. Crazy, right? Right. My clothes and hair still smelled of the sterile place.

As soon as we got home, I went straight to my room. I was exhausted, and I didn't know why, but frankly, I didn't really care why.

After creating my plan for tomorrow, I went to sleep.

My plan was to slit my wrists vertically. Deep enough to knock me out, but not deep enough to kill me. Well, if I lay there for hours bleeding out, I'd probably die, but I'd be sure to tell someone. I'd text Sam, and he'd call my mom.

The whole idea was insane, but it takes a crazy plan to find true love, doesn't it?