Chapter Two

AALIYAH

My eyes were completely glued to the very attractive man in front of me, wearing a pilot's uniform letting his toned muscles and abs visible through his shirt.

He had short brunette hair styled so neatly with a strand just hanging over his left eye. I wanted nothing more to run my fingers through it, while his scent of "Versace" men's cologne was something I hoped to never forget, and his grin to me looked so kind and gentle.

"Uh, yes! I mean, what? Hi?!" I said nervous and flustered. He laughed.

"Are you asking or telling me?" He asked charmingly. I felt my face quickly get hot.

"I meant, hi. Thank you actually. It's really nice of you." I told him.

He smiled and sat across from me in the seat. I tried not to make a bigger fool of myself than I felt I already was doing.

"Don't worry about it. A pilot keeps a pen on him at all times." He said to me.

I let out a smile. "Well that's good to know." I said timidly.

"First day?" He asked me curiously. I nodded.

"What gave it away? My lack of preparedness or how nervous I look right now?" I asked him.

"The fact that it says new employee information form on the top." He said. I laughed as he held his hand out to me and smiled boyishly. "I'm Jace Bennett."

I smiled and shook his hand back as I could feel the goosebumps running through my veins and body as I wanted to blush again but tried my best not to. "I'm Aaliyah Woods."

"Pleasure to meet you Aaliyah Woods. You don't mind if I join you do you?" He then asked me.

I shook my head kindly as I began to fill out my forms. "Be my guest."

"Thanks. I just really needed to get away from those teenage girls over there eyeing me like I'm a piece of bacon. Or several. Freshly crisp." He told me.

I giggled. He definitely knew how to make me laugh easily.

"Well you are a man in uniform. A lot of women like that. Scouts honor." I said.

"Does that go the same for you?" He then asked me, raising one his eyebrows to me.

There it was. I knew he was flirting with me but he really was suave when doing so that I couldn't help but to give in a little. But I bet he did this to every new employee that came his way if he was so calm and cool about it.

I was here for one reason and one reason only. I had a plan to excel in this position. Dating an incredible sexy and sweet guy wasn't part of that plan. But can't blame a girl for looking.

"Uh, Jace is it? Look you seem like a great guy. Really, but-" I started to tell him.

Before I could though, I could see Evette back again standing at the bar of the area we were in sternly glaring toward him.

"Bennett!" She shouted. I looked to him and shrugged.

"I think someone wants you." I finished off.

He smirked, gazing closely at me up and down. I felt he could've been somewhat undressing me with his sparkling hazelnut eyes, but I still didn't mind it. This man had it all.

"Really? What if I said I did too?" He then asked. Bravo.

"No. I mean Evette really does want to speak to you." I said gesturing to her now, as she was now glaring to him.