Chapter Twelve

AALIYAH

Me and Jace were walking now to the front door of the airport, as Janson pulled up in a car that was obviously in dire need of work.

The breaks the way he was driving was messed up, the windshield weren't even moving in the right direction, and the doors were so rusted I could sharpen a pencil on them.

This was the best he could do?! This was never going to get us to even down the street.

Jace rolled his eyes and smirked staring to Janson.

"You must be on crack!" Jace then shouted annoyed. Janson glared and got out of the car.

"What more do you want me to do?! I almost got jumped for this piece of junk Jace!" He shouted.

"Good they didn't get you! Because that just leaves room for me to do it!" Jace then walked around it shaking his head and evilly glancing to him.

If this was the best he could do, there was no need to be upset and pissed about it. It was still our fault we were in this situation in the first place.

"Look! I just say let's take it and get moving! Janson, how far is the nearest highway?!" I asked. He smirked and shrugged.

"Oh this thing won't get you far on a highway. You guys are gonna have to go through the streets at 30 miles. Nothing more or it'll break down, nothing less or it will just cut off completely." He explained. Alright, now I wanted to punch this guy in the face.

"That's it! I'm gonna rip you limb from limb!" Jace then shouted.

He quickly then began to charge after Janson. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back and Janson quickly ran away.

"Jace this isn't going to help!" I told him. He sighed.

"Well neither will this!" He yelled. I could see this was eating him up inside. But we couldn't just give up. We just had to take it and go.

"Come on. We can't slack off now. Are you in or out?!" I asked him sternly.

He grunted and stared to me carefully, nodding.

"Let's just get out of here." He answered, now getting into the car.

I sighed myself and nodded. I hope this worked.

                                                                 ✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎✈︎

We were now driving inside the busted up broken, yet working car as I was staring off outside the window feeling very anxious by the minute.

Part of the reason for that was not only this predicament or the fact I still had this hangover that was driving me crazy, with no food in my system still. But the other big reason, was the fact that this car kept snapping every 2 minutes triggering us both to jump each time.

"Can you please drive a little slower?" I asked. He smirked and turned to me.

"What do you want me to do Aaliyah?! This pile of crap is already traveling 30!" He replied.

"You don't have to be so abrasive and cold all the time Jace!" I shouted to him angrily.

His mood swings were pissing me off the more he didn't get his way, and I was getting frankly fed up with it all.

"Because I messed up okay!" He then shouted, blurting out. I cautiously stared at him.

Not once ever did I hear him take the blame for anything since we met. So this was a complete shock to me. I could see he was beating himself up right now as he sighed and shrugged.