Chapter Six

AALIYAH

I was walking up and down through the isles of the plane with the snack cart.

We had been up in the air for now about 30 minutes. So far, the flight was running nicely.

According to Amber, I was doing a bang up job like I expected after reading and watching 40 different ways to exceptionally offer someone Sprites and diet Coca-colas.

I could see Rachel though checking in right behind me to every passenger I had already spoke to. I guess me doing so wasn't enough. She was acting like I didn't know how to handle anything.

I didn't know what else I could do to make her even remotely nice to me but I wasn't going to beat myself over it. I was up in the air and left all my cares on the land down below.

Amber was doing plane checks for all the lavatories and galley we had as I hadn't heard from Jace, Carson, or that new guy Hunter which was expected considering they should've been concentrating on not killing us all.

As I continued, I could see Rachel now receiving a message from her handset voice radio as she was now back sitting down in her seat and she smiled getting up and heading further toward the back of the plane.

At least I got her off my back now. I soon came back to the galley where Amber was and placed the cart over to her and smiled as she smiled back and nodded overlooking my work.

"Nice job new girl! Though you don't have to offer a full ingredient detail of how the soft drinks are made to every passenger." She told me.

I shyly nodded. I may have gotten a little carried away.

"Well on the bright side, I changed several people's lives on how they are now questioning every beverage they put in their body. Some people were shocked to know that diet soda doesn't necessarily mean diet." I explained to her. She laughed.

"Don't worry, I was by the book too when I first started off. I can only imagine how more so you are now that your first day might be the last if something happens." She said. I nodded.

I knew it would be a gamble on my career when I volunteered myself for this trip. I wasn't going to sit around watching others explore the world and I went from as Jace would say, within an hour of Point A and Point B.

"Really?" I asked her raising my one eyebrow. I just met her but there had to be a but after that.

"No, I'm totally kidding." She then admitted. We both laughed. "Here, go take a load off and take like a private tour of the plane. I'll handle things out here to these overprivileged people." She finished.

I smiled and agreed. That actually sounded like a great idea.

"Thanks. But please let me know if someone wants to discuss the ingredients in our chips next." I said jokingly.

She giggled and agreed as I walked off and became now officially kinda on my own.

As I kept walking further and further back, looking closely to all the deigns and details that surrounded me I found my way now at the bar area in the middle of the plane.

I definitely understated how much alcohol was here from the distance as I leaned over the counter to check out each and every one we did in fact carry.

But my peace was suddenly disturbed rather quickly...when I heard voices.

Two people's voices even.