Chapter Four

AALIYAH

As I continued walking back over to my boarding gate after my huge fallout with Jace, seeing all our customers talking between themselves, on their phones, and listening to music.

I then suddenly felt a hand grab my arm and jerked me around, as I quickly jumped startled and looked over to see who it was and saw Amber standing in front of me smiling.

"Hey girl! You're the new flight attendant! I'm Amber Reynolds." She said to me holding out her hand.

I smiled shyly and shook her hand back. "Aaliyah Woods."

"It's so cool to finally meet you. Sorry if I just scared ya there for a bit, I generally have a sort of an extreme personality sometimes. Especially when I'm excited." She told me. I giggled.

She didn't look like a lot of work to me. Definitely more vibrant personality than whoever scowled at me for interrupting her and Jace's private moment.

"Don't worry. It's nothing like the huge twit I just finished speaking to." I said to her.

She giggled back. "Already on your first day?" She asked.

"Guess I started early." I replied shrugging hesitantly. She nodded.

"Trust me, so did I on my first day. But he was an extremely good kisser though." She said.

I laughed. "Well I can't wait to meet him if we fly together." I told her.

"Don't worry, you will. He was just here earlier. We've been together for now a year." She said.

Then it clicked. The guy from earlier. Carson was her boyfriend.

As we were about to get into more conversation, we both suddenly heard Evette shouting once again coming up to us.

"She's an idiot! She's fired! I asked Melina to do one job, one thing and she couldn't even do that!" Evette then said, looking to Amber.

"Well given the fact that she's incarcerated for a year and day for possession of drugs and multiple DUI's...she has her hands kinda full too." Amber then informed her. Evette grunted.

"Don't you guys learn how to do things secretly anymore?! We are in complete red flag, I won't be able to find another girl to fly the 18 hour, 2 stop destination flight at the last minute!" She shouted annoyed.

My eyes and ears perked up. This was what I'd been waiting for. An opportunity that I wasn't going to pass up.

"I'll do it." I said raising my hand. Both looked back to me stunned.

"Say what?" Evette asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I'll do it! I'll be your last minute call girl! I will gladly take the flight. Please, I've studied so hard, and worked more than I've ever worked for something in my life! I was a straight A student in training! Passed my exams with flying colors! Everyone hated me for it, but I sure showed them! Evette, I can do this!" I said excitedly.

Evette then stared at me before busting up hysterically laughing. Amber leaned over to me.

"Sorry for her. She's not good with humans most of the time." She said. I looked mystified.

"Let me be your standby." I pleaded. Evette smirked and shook her head.

"But you still don't know how to fly! Not this long! Not to these prestige passengers!" She said.

"I don't know Evette. Girl looks like she can hold her own. What else are you gonna do?" Amber asked her.

I couldn't give up this chance. I was going to fight for it no matter what reasons she kept giving.

Evette continued staring at me and sighed, knowing I was right and shook her head once again.

"I can't believe I'm doing this!" She started to say sighing. "Aaliyah Woods. You're working your first layover flight from Los Angeles to Miami. It will be your last too if you screw this up. I'm betting a million on you kid. Amber, since you're Team Aaliyah for some unknown reason...you're gonna be her purser and you better keep track of her." She explained.

"That's flight talk for your supervisor." Amber said to me smiling. I squealed back giddily.

I felt everyone in the room disappeared as my smile then went wider than it had ever been before. I quickly jumped up and down.

"Oh my god! Thank you so much Evette! I won't let you down! You can count on me!" I told her.

"I know! That's what I fear the most." She answered.

Soon, Carson from earlier with a slightly younger man also in a pilot's uniform walked over near us as Carson was holding the man's pilot hat and the man looked actually unwell.

"What's his problem?!" Evette then asked the boys.

"First day piloting jitters. Found him stationed over the toilet. He's fine." Carson responded.

"I can do this. I'm fine." The young man said now turning to me and smiled. "What's up? I'm Hunter." He finished winking to me. I smirked. Not this again.

Evette groaned in distressed and exhaustion. "How did I ever get put with you people?"

She shook her head and walked off more annoyed. I smiled and faced Amber more overjoyed.

"Alright! You've got some balls new girl! I didn't earn my first 2 stop flight until I bribed our airline with McDonald's. Airport food is so expensive so they were happy not footing the bill." She said holding her hand out for me to high five her. I did so and laughed. "Now brace yourself." She finished. I looked a bit confused.

"For what?" I asked. She grinned smugly.

"For the coolest flight crew you'll ever meet." she said gesturing toward herself, then to Carson and to Hunter who smiled the same way now saluting me playfully.

I definitely believed it. Nothing could ruin this moment for anything in the world.

"Come with me. We're gonna start boarding in 20 minutes. We have to first wait for all our pilots to go on first." She said.

"Don't we have them right here?" I asked curiously. She smirked and shook her head.

"Nope." She only said.

Suddenly, the familiar scent of men's cologne caught my attention. I turned my head and saw him.

"How's it going gorgeous?" he asked smirking.

Now in his full uniform and pilot bag, walking passed everyone eying me up and down teasingly, before going into the same plane as I was about to go on.

Jace freakin Bennett.