Chapter Twenty-One

AALIYAH

I was exiting the restroom at Miguel's house and I was still in awestruck at how expensive that even looked, and was actually enjoying the minutes of peace I had away from the bickering drama between him and Jace.

We didn't have time for it. For Jace, seeing him so triggered and ticked off just made me and feelings for him even more confusing.

I knew I wanted to be with him, but was he truly wanting to be with me?

I thought I had burned that bridge down with my stupid decision that I had regretted every time he looked and touched me in ways so exhilarating, it made me just blush thinking of all the more things I wanted him to do to me.

I was in the guest room now, looking at all his fine decor and finishes as I smiled seeing how rich in history everything was, forgetting all about my situation and men. Just enjoying the priceless artifacts surrounding me.

"Enjoying yourself?" I heard a voice say behind me.

I quickly turned around to see Miguel standing there leaning against the door.

I smiled and nodded. "Yes definitely, this place is incredible Miguel." I told him. He smiled longingly toward me.

"I've seen better." He simply said. I looked to him a bit mystified and cleared my throat.

"So! Uh, how's the boat coming?" I asked, trying to change the tension I was starting to feel in the room.

"Boat is all ready to go." He told me coming in further into the room.

"Great! I just want to say Miguel in case I don't thank you so much for helping us out. I'm sure you had plenty of other things better to do than help two strangers find their way back to the flight they stupidly missed. So thank you." I explained to him. He shrugged.

"Just see it as collateral." He said smiling moving in more.

I was starting to feel the room getting more smaller. I didn't know what it was but the way he was looking at me and saying each word, was making me feel uncomfortable to be honest.

"Okay, well I should head back to Jace." I said now about to leave the room.

He then grabbed my hand and turned me back around and smirked.

"What's with you two?" He then asked. I looked to him more confused.

"Excuse me?" I asked taking my hand back.

"Oh come on. The way you two look at each other and act, it's not suppose to be so difficult. Either you want him, he wants you, you want him but just not sure if it's meant to be." He began to explain. I smirked. He actually did have a good point too. "I mean, if you asked me...he seems like he got a little too much personal issues." He finished. I was now annoyed.

No one talked about anyone I cared about like that. Not even a guy I just met who had more money than Martha Stewart.

"Don't we all?" I asked him getting ticked off for Jace. He looked to me and held his hands up defensively.

"Hey, I didn't mean to offend you. I just feel like he doesn't deserve you." Miguel said.

I scoffed and looked to him more disgusted. Who was he to tell who deserved me or not?

"Thank you for concern Miguel but I think I can handle my private life all on my own." I said about to leave the room again, wanting to not spend another minute with him.