Chapter six: relax

Days passed and there was no trace of Avatar

Days passed and there was no trace of Avatar. None saw him or heard anything about him, so Zuko's screw decide to take one day for themselves. They still were on boat doing their jobs, but everyone talked more and didn't take Avatar as serious as in other days.

Lyra liked days like this. Aang is magnet for trouble, but biggest trouble was Zuko. She didn't want to admit, but she felt sorry for him. Ozai often come to her statue before and she knew what happened to Zuko. Even he believed in fake legend of Lyra, and he was often comming with his mother to talk with her statue, even if she wasn't able to talk for hundred years.

Since day started, Lyra didn't saw Zuko. He was alone as always, probably meditating or practicing fighting. Ex general Iroh, lieutenant Jee and Lyra were sitting together, drinking jasmine tea and Lyra only watching them, not wanting to put mask down.

'You should try this tea, soldier. It's best I ever tried.' Iroh said offering her a tea, but she shoke her head.

'Than you, but I'll have to refuse.' she answered in fake voice, causing Jee to stare at her. He observed soldier for second before speaking.

'If you only take that helmet down everything would be easier.' Lyra was aware that she had problem with controling her emotions but she couldn't just sit and be quiet.

'If you only kept your mouth shut everything would be better.' she said mockingly and stand up, leaving table. At door, she turned around and glared at lieutenant for second before speaking. 'I guess that we're both on lose.'

She went outside, looking at the sea. It was beautiful, but she missed home. Not being able to go home for hundred years was read pain, she understand how Zuko is feeling now.

She notice teenager heading next to her, but she only looked away. He stood next to her, watching waves. They often just stood together, not talking or looking at each other.

'Did you saw Avatar?' he asked studenly but Lyra didn't looked away from water. 'No.' she answered shortly, and Zuko continued staring. They had no idea how long they weren't doing anything, but Iroh come and eyed them for seconds, before talking to prince Zuko.

'Are you taking day off, my nephew? We could stop at next village and relax.' he said dreamy, which made Zuko angry. He had short themper and Lyra knew that best thing is not to make prince angry.

'We are after Avatar, uncle! There is no time for relaxing!' Zuko basically screamed at his uncle, who kept his calm face all the time.

'You need to relax, prince Zuko. I' m sure that our best soldier argee with me, right?' Iroh tried to get her on his side, but she needed to keep eye on Zuko, and going against him would made things worst to her.

'There is no need to stop, Iroh. We are fine and we have everything. Why would anyone need rest now, when Avatar is nowhere to be found?' she asked coldly, still looking at sea and not in Iroh. He just stared at soldier, tried to touch her shoulder but she grabbed his arm before he could.