chapter six: start

___

___

Flashback

'You don't understand, Lyra. Royals can't just go around and hang out with peasants. It isn't in our blood.' Lyra's mother tried to talk with her daughter who found new friend from Earth Kingdome.

'Do I look like I care, mother?' she snapped, glaring at her mom. 'I will be friend with whoever I want.'

'He is bad influence, Lyra. King says that boy is crazy.' her mother tried to explain but Lyra didn't want to listen. 'And I say that you are crazy for thinking that you can control my life! Bumi is my friend and there isn't royal rule who can change it!'

'Your father would be so angry, dear. You have to understand--' 'Weren't you a simple nomad, mother? Before he chose to marry you? Don't talk about things you don't understand!' Lyra snapped again, for young girl she had really bad temper.

'Lyra, I am your mother!' she said with her voice shaking but it didn't stop young princess. 'And I am princess by actual blood. You had childhood, let me to have one!'

End of flashback

Lyra was still on Azula's ship, ready to go in capital. It was worst and yet best decision she made in long time. Soldier from Zuko's ship was with her almost all time, telling her how capital and palace look like and how meetings are working.

She walked trough ship, ready to face Azula. It was important not to put all attention to herself, but yet to get Azula to notice her. 'Is there something on your mind?' soldier from Zuko's ship asked and Lyra nodded.

'Is there any way for princess to notice me? But if that is possible, with minimal attention.' he eyed girl for second and take deep breath.

'Only if you have some plan worth telling. Princess Azula is perfect. She don't want anything less then that.' Lyra seem confused for second, but now she had a plan worth telling. She could get in Ba Sing Se and in same time, get protection from fire nation.

'Thank you.'

___

Zuko come back from fishing with only one fish, probably the smallest Iroh ever seen. At first Iroh didn't look at him, but when he did Zuko notice brushes and allergy over Iroh's body.

'That is smallest fish I ever seen, my nephew. Weren't you the one fishing on the float?' he asked carefully and Zuko's eyes widened, but he replied before asking his own question.

'Alison was the one fishing, I was support. But she also eat plants and you just poisoned yourself!' he snapped at Iroh who just scraches himself.

'I never knew she was vegetarian...' Iroh mumbled and something in his mind clicked. He was aware that Alison was lying about something, but if he is right she was only key for Avatar to won this war.

'Look, uncle, we need to go somewhere! I need to find her! She could be in colonies by now, or Earth Kingdome!' Zuko snapped but Iroh thought for a second.

'We are enemies for the earth kingdome, and fugatives for fire nation.....'

___

Lyra fixed her hair and went outside to see princess Azula. She wasn't afraid of her, but it was necessarily to win her trust. She was sitting alone, clearly iritated for not capturing Zuko and Iroh.

Lyra come closer and bowed down, which Azula notice. She saw confident look on Lyra's face, people were usually terrified to look at her but she seen proud.

'Do you need something?' she hissed but Lyra just look at her eyes for second. Azula was scared, she didn't know what would happen to her when they reach capital.

'No, princess Azula. But you need me.' her voice was little stronger then whisper, but it had dangerous tone. She stepped closer to Azula, not taking her eyes off hers.

'Why do you, simple soldier, think I need you?' Azula's voice was equally dangerous and quiet, two girls were staring at each other and stepping closer.

'I have something you don't.' Lyra smirked, 'a plan.' she was aware that she had Azula's attention so her speech didn't end there. 'Captain made a mistake. A mistake all of us would pay, unless...'

'Unless what!?' Azula snapped but she was aware that she didn't have a plan. If something happens, she would just challenge Klara for Agni Kai, easily killing her.

'Unless you have back up story.' Lyra started, 'Something what would explain why they escaped.'

'Why should I listen to you?' Azula asked rudly, ready to attack Lyra who just smriked. Azula sent flame in her direction but Lyra easily pulled it in two parts with air, making it look like firebending.

'Didn't your brother got his scar for disrespect? Because he is faliure?' she repeated Azula's word from fight with Zuko, 'I'm wondering what would fire lord Ozai do to you, his daughter? He was heir of the throne, and yet he is banished.'

In the moment, Lyra realised that she got Azula. Her weak spots were love and respect and she hitted it. Azula frowned, but against her will words leave her mouth. 'What is your plan?'

'Putting all blame on soldiers from Earth Kingdome. Mysterious people who attacked us right after your captain messed up.' Azula's face lighted a bit.

She liked plan who include blaming someone else. 'You won't speak about this ever again.' Azula said quietly with threating tone, ready to shot lightning if girl disagree.

'This is our secret, princess.'