chapter eleven: training

___

___

Lyra was meditating in her room for few hours after planning her story, but then she realised that dusk is comming. Her trainings with Zuko probably won't be same as before, and now she have a chance to prove him how powerful she actually is.

She knew Zuko well enough to know that he wouldn't give his best now only because she's girl. He is smart, but underestimating opponent was Zuko's thing.

Lyra left her chamber and headed towards shipboard, knowing that Zuko would wait her there. She notice that he was standing there alone as always, ready to fight.

Zuko stared at water when he heard footsteps comming. His screw knew that he is training, so none of them come. He saw his best soldier comming and turned look away. He was still shocked that she is girl, he was convicted that she would be adult man.

She come next to him, joining him in staring at water. Lyra loved enjoying at shipboard, zoning out was her favorite thing to do.

'What's point with you and water?' Zuko asked calmly while looking at her mask, but she never turned look from water.

'I should ask you that. I found you gazing at it, so I just joined, prince Zuko.' she answered and shrug. Zuko focused at her mask, wanting to see her face once again. He didn't want to admit, but she was more beautiful then he though at first.

'It's calm.' Zuko said shortly and Lyra nodded. 'Fire come from breath. It's easier to bend when you are calm.' Iroh said, showing up behinde them, causing them to move away from each other as fast as they could.

'We were preparing to train, Iroh.' Lyra said shortly, but Zuko joined in conversation. 'Yeah, can you go uncle?' he said rude, but Iroh just eyed both of them.

'I wanted to ask you to watch actually. Screw is talking, and I wanted to give them space.' Iroh said kindly, but Zuko wasn't happy with that answer. He wanted to find out something about his best soldier, and she was hard to talk to.

'We are training and we need space. You can drink tea in your chamber or anything.' Zuko was mad at this point, which Iroh notice. He didn't know what the deal was - Zuko trained before with his best soldier and he watched it.

'I'll wait you for tea later, nephew. Can we expect you too, soldier?' he asked girl behinde mask but she just smiled, which he didn't saw.

'No, but thank you.' she answered once again in her fake voice, not letting anyone at ship to hear the real one. She didn't use it with Zuko either, but it was still different then her deep manly one which she practice years ago.

When Iroh left, two teenagers bow down and started bending. Zuko was going easier on Lyra then before and she notice it. At second she just stopped bending, which made Zuko curious.

'If you planning to go easy on me our trainings are over, prince Zuko.' she said sharply and prince just stared at her. He knew that she is good, but he couldn't bend his best knowing that she is girl.

'I can't hurt you! It's disrespectful!' he whisper jelled, but Lyra didn't like his respond to her words.

'It's disrespectful that you think I can't handle anything! We trained few days ago too! I'm same person!' she whisper-jelled too, stepping closer to Zuko.

'Let's just quit this and talk, we can train in morning.' he said, causing Lyra to laugh bitterly.

'Oh, now when you know who I am you don't want to fight? Well I don't want to talk.' she turned around and walked towards door, but Zuko grabbed her wrist. She grabbed his hand, moving it abruptly in unnatural pose and causing prince to fall on his knees right infront her.

'Don't underestimate me, your highness.' she said biterly, but Zuko just stared at her. He didn't know anything about her skills other then fire bending, but she had it lot. She turned around and prepare to leave, but Zuko decide not to play easy with her.

He tried to trip her while he was on ground, but even without looking, she perfectly avoided it. Zuko had no idea how, but Lyra was skilled air bender. There was no chance that someone would trick her that easily.

She turned around and looked at Zuko, who was now on his legs, ready to fight. When he send flames on her she avoided it easily, sending her flames at him, forming them in shape of giant ball. This fights never were challenge to her, Zuko was good, but she was more skilled.

They send flames at each other for half hour, when Lyra decide to go in her room. She sent hot wind at Zuko, making it look like smoke. He fell back with lot of dirt at his face and feeling like volcano cough at him.

'I never stood a chance, did I?' he asked weary, walking towards Lyra. She didn't move, only thing she did was staring at boy who is trying to capture her best friend.

'I got bored.' she teased him, causing Zuko to got angry. Maybe it wasn't good, but she enjoyed playing with his angry issues, even if she had same problem.

'You told me to give my best, while you didn't even try to fight me!' he jelled at girl, flaming in front her, while Lyra just laughed.

'I don't want to see you dead, your highness.' she said last part sarcastically, and boy assumed that she had smirk on her face.

'I'm as good as you, you know why I didn't won!' at this part, Lyra had no words. She knew that prince is lying, but she let him to feed his ego.

'Of course you are, it's just not your day, your highness.' she turned away with that words, but Zuko wanted to talk with her.

'Can we talk now?' he asked carefully, trying not to sound iritatted or angry.

'Your uncle is waiting for you. Meet me in my chambers at midnight, your highness.' she said kindly and leave, leaving Zuko confused.

'Girls....' he mumbled, walking towards Iroh's room.

___

I watched once upon a time for last two days, so this chapter is shorter then usual. In next one you'll se a little more drama, I promise.