chapter twelve: failed

___

___

After training with Zuko Lyra went straight to her chambers. At ship there was no drama, no real fights and nothing interesting happened in days. She sat at bed, wondering where Aang is going. She wanted to see him more then anything, but her place was here, protecting him from distance.

Lyra planned on changing ship if things went bad here or if search go downhill, but Zhao gave her bad vibes. She would prefer someone more calm and with better plans, and neither Zhao or Zuko were anything like that.

Lyra locked her door and putted mask down. She loved being herself, even when people tell her that she is insane. Her parents never were best people, but she prefer them over this people hundred years later.

After airbending to herself, she heard knock on her door. Trough window she notice that sun was nowhere to be seen, so it was either someone from screw or Zuko. She totally forget that she told him that they'll talk.

Before she could tell anything, Zuko spoke from outside. 'I'm alone, you can open.' His voice was surprisingly calm, which made Lyra curious.

She opened door fast, closing them even faster as soon as Zuko come in the room. Zuko stared at girl in front him, which she noticed but did the same. Teenagers just stood in the middle of the room, before Lyra turned around quickly and locked up doors, snapping Zuko out of his minds.

To him, it was second time to see her without mask and she was even prettier then last time. Now he focused more on her beauty and less on fact that his best soldier is a girl.

'So, what did you wanted to talk about?' she asked boy calmly, gesturing him towards bed where she was already sitting. When Zuko sat he almost zooned out, but he menadged to ask his question.

'What's your name?' he asked, sounding confused. Lyra laughted at him and boy just glared, waiting for answer. 'You sound like child.' she answered jokingly, but before Zuko could flame, she spoke again. 'Why is that matter?'

'I want to call you by name.' he answered without thinking, causing Lyra to laught once again.

'Yeah, because what is less obvious solution to hide fact that I'm girl then calling me by name. You're genius, your highness.' she teased him, but Zuko was prepared for answer of this sort.

He didn't want to call her by name when they are with screw, it was directed to their small talks.

'You know what I meant, I want to know your name for our...' he stopped, trying to find ideal word for that. 'hang outs?' Zuko continued, sounding more like question then answer to her provocation.