Chapter eight: revealing

When she woke up, Lyra had weird feeling

When she woke up, Lyra had weird feeling. Day wasn't going to be as well as others, her instinct never lies. She had strange need to change something, but didn't know what. She went to bathroom and got an idea. Lyra grabbed scissors and thought for second before cutting her long hair to shoulders. She didn't know why she did that, but it feels right. After that, young princess putted mask back and headed to see prince Zuko.

Iroh, Zuko, Jee and Lyra were watching map, trying to figure out where Aang is heading. While they talked, something blocked view trought window. It was ship from fire nation, way bigger then theirs.

'What they want?!' Zuko hissed at their boat and Lyra stood next to him. 'Don't give them any information, whatever they said.' she said to others and they just nodded.

Few moments later two mans walked to them, holding paper with Aang's photo on it and telling screw how admiral Zhao is the one responsible for Avatar hunt now. After Zuko tried to get them off ship, they didn't listen. He was about to pull them on fire when Lyra stepped in.

'You don't want to fight me soldier. It's better to go alone then to have me pulling you in water, don't you think?' she asked coldly and for second they just stared at soldier, but when they realised that is Zuko's soldier about who Zhao talks all the time, they turned around and left.

___

Zuko didn't show up whole day after visit from Zhao's soldiers and Lyra knew that he is doing something about Aang. His obsession is huge and unhealthy, but deep down he was just sad teenager who miss his home.

She never had a chance to take a good look on his face. Under mask, her vision was quite damaged. She hated looking him in eyes, knowing that she could be his grandmother and that his eyes are same as Azulon's, just with less spark.

As much as she didn't want to admit, Zuko grew to her heart. He wasn't like his family, there was good in him. He was lost and confused, and his anger issue didn't help at all. If they were in different situation, she would want to be his real friend, not just soldier who actually works against him.

Her days without Zuko weren't most interesting on ship. Even if she is 116, she felt uncomfortable next to all soldiers who looked older then her. She disliked fire nation now, and they worked to capture her good friend. Iroh was good, sometimes and Jee, just she tried not to talk with others.

Today was night with music and since Zuko was nowhere to be found, Iroh insisted even more for her to show up. She knew that it is bad idea, but she couldn't say no. It was about 9pm and she walked to group of older (younger?) soldiers and sat between one of them and Jee, still with uniform and mask on her face.

'C'mon soldier, it's music night. You can take off that mask.' Jee insisted, but before she started fight with him again, Iroh spoke.