chapter fourteen: reunion

___

___

L

yra knew that Azula is up for something, it was obvious, but also risky for her to write it down in letter. Lyra couldn't wait for war to end. She would love to have someone as Azula for friend. Is she chaotic? Yes. Crazy? Probably. But fire nation princess had good qualities, which were more visible if war wasn't in the flow last hundred years.

On the other side, she had strange feeling about Ba Sing Se. City itself was same as always, boring and quiet, but new people come more then usual.

She was doing her job peacefully, even although it wasn't job. Walking around in earth Kingdome clothes and Dai Li belt become normal for her in past weeks, but she knew it would change soon. Rumors in Ba Sing Se don't go as fast as in other cities, they are more secretive.

But she heard it from Dai Li's. Someone from fire nation is in Ba Sing Se, and definetly not on Azula's orders. They weren't close, but Azula would told her if she send someone. She already tried to, but Lyra killed her hope with time.

She walked around city and notice girl, Jin, trying to catch up with her. She was nice, really, but not type of person with who Lyra can hang out. There wasn't passion in her speaking. She was nice, quiet but not shy, open and it easy to read her emotions, which was complete different of Lyra. She wasn't open for conversation with everyone, her respect was hard to earn and her emotions were good hiden, not putted on the plate like Jin's.

'Hi Fleur, can I ask you something?' girl said cheerfully, using Lyra's fake name. Lyra rolled eyes, obviously annoyed by girls behavior. She told her multiple times that she is uncomfortable and don't want to hang out, but friendliness was all around Ba Sing Se girl.

'I would rather not.' Lyra replied calmly, keeping her voice as quiet as she could so she wouldn't snap at her. 'Please, I find one guy cute, what should I do? You are most confident and gorgeous girl here, you know what to do for sure.'

'You are flattering me, so stop. I'm bad with relationship stuff, but why don't you meet him first before putting your tongue down his throat?' Lyra was aware how harsh her voice was, but it was truth. How can someone like person only because they are attractive? Look is nothing when you meet true  love.

'Do you want to meet him with me? Maybe he have friends and we can go on double dat-' before Jin could finish Lyra's laugh cutted her. It was hard to hear was it normal laugh or just mocking Jin's idea, so Jin didn't gave it much on meaning. She adored new girl in city but it was obvious that she is not all about rainbows and sunshines.

'Look, I'm not going on dates with guys just because they have good haircut or look attractive. You can do whatever you want, but don't bring me in ridiculous events.' Jin's expression changed but she just nodded at Lyra's words and muttered alright. Lyra continued walking around, not paying attention to anything around her and zoning out in her thoughts.